Travel Insurance for USA
The US is the most happening country across the globe, but still not immune to infections, allergies, injuries, and crime. At the same time, healthcare is also expensive there. Visiting there without overseas travel insurance is a risk. Therefore, before heading out for the US, one must always consider buying US travel insurance to safeguard themselves from possible mishaps. Comprehensive international travel insurance gives you protection against medical and non-medical emergencies that you or your travel companions can face during your stay in a foreign country. Read below some important reasons why you should opt for US Travel Insurance:
- Maximum Coverage of all travel risks
- Emergency Cashless Hospitalization
- Repatriation To Home Country
- Emergency Transportation and Medical Evacuation
- Obtain a duplicate copy in case of loss of passport and other important travel documents
- Trip Delay and Cancellation Reimbursement
- 24*7 Customer Support Service
- Financial Security
- Peace of Mind
Is Travel Insurance for USA Mandatory?
It is not mandatory to have USA travel insurance while visiting America, but it is definitely recommended! Buying travel insurance for US not only enables you to address medical emergencies, but it also provides for occurrences like flight delays. It is important to note that some types of visas are only approved if the holder has a valid travel insurance plan for USA, such as a J-1 visa which is meant for work-related purposes.
Travel insurance for US is strongly recommended to all foreign nationals, including Indians planning to visit there for tourism, business, or study purposes. However, it is not mandatory to get it to obtain a US visa. But, travel disruptions, health issues, airline goof-ups, natural calamities, terrorism, and crime can hit you anytime in a foreign land. Therefore, international travel insurance gives you financial security and brings peace of mind to you. At, Care you can opt for a comprehensive travel insurance plan that covers your medical and non-medical emergency expenses and support you when you are away from your home country.
What is Covered in US Travel Insurance?
Do not let uncertainties deter your enjoyment in the USA. Opt for our exclusively designed region-specific international travel insurance plans that offer the following benefits.
Medical treatment in the USA can drain all your money. Health insurance protects you from owning a lot of money to doctors if you fall sick in the US. Read below what all it covers:
- In-patient Hospitalization: It bears the expenses for both in and out-patient treatment in an emergency.
- Cashless Hospitalization: You will get immediate cashless hospitalization in the USA during medical emergencies.
- Pre-existing Diseases: US Travel Insurance Plan will provide a 10% sum insured for treatment pre-existing diseases in case of a life-threatening condition.
- Treatment in Home Country: If recommended by the doctors you require further treatment in your home country, we give you the coverage for expenses up to 30 days or up to the policy end date, whichever is earlier.
- Medical Evacuation: You get the cover of up to USD 10,000 during emergency transportation and medical evacuation to provide appropriate treatment.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death: We give a lump sum amount as compensation if the insured person loses life while traveling in a common carrier or public transport.
- Trip delays and cancellations: They can cost you thousands of rupees. Hence, our travel insurance policy for the USA covers your travel losses and gives you reimbursement for trip delay or cancellation, loss of passport, loss of international driving license, study interruption, and terrorist attack.
- Baggage Benefits: Airline goof ups are very common whenever you are traveling abroad. But, thankfully, our overseas travel insurance plans give you baggage benefits for loss of checked-in baggage, delay in checked-in baggage, loss of laptop/tablet and breakage or theft.
- Additional Benefits: Nonetheless, travel insurance is your savior that protects you from untoward incidents during your journey. Our plans have additional benefits as well to ensure your smooth trip that include bail bond, cover accidental death, personal liability, compassionate visit, up-gradation to business class, lifelong renewability, and 24x7 customer support.
What is Not Covered in US Travel Insurance?
Our US travel insurance provides you the maximum coverage against all your travel risks. However, there are some situations guided by IRDAI as exclusions. These are the conditions that are not covered under travel insurance and you cannot file the claim. You can read below the exclusions:
- Treatment costs of diseases such as HIV/AIDS/ other transmitted diseases
- Treatment expenses incurred due to adventure sports, hazardous activity, the influence of drugs, or alcohol, or consequences of war/nuclear perils
- Costs incurred due to exposure to ionizing radiation or contamination
- Expenses occurred due to the treatment of self-inflicted injury, suicide, etc.
- Any liability related to any professional services offered by the insured
- Expenses incurred by engaging in business activities
- Costs incurred due to ownership of any aircraft, watercraft, motor vehicle, etc.
- Personal liability of the insured towards another individual (whether personal, official, or commercial)
- Costs incurred due to wrongful detention, false arrest, wrongful eviction, defamation, or mental trauma and shock resulting from such situations
Benefits of Travel Insurance for USA
Untoward incidents can happen anywhere, anytime during your trip to the US. Therefore, you should secure yourself and your travel companions with a comprehensive travel insurance plan. Here are some of the benefits of opting for the best travel insurance for USA:
- Comfort: Having a travel insurance cover for your USA trip will save you, especially senior citizens and students, from the stress of travelling.
- Protection in Medical Emergency: The policy provides coverage to help you get immediate medical attention.
- Compensation in case of Mishaps: The plan offers compensation to the nominee in case of uncertain death of the insured person.
- Covers you in other Contingencies: Trip delays and loss of belongings and documentation will be taken care of under the travel plan.
- Multi-Trip Policy: If you are a frequent flyer, you can avail of the multi-trip travel policy.
- Cashless Claim Settlement: You can apply for the cashless claim facility.
- Region-specific Plans: Our region-specific customized international travel insurance plans help you to relish your trip and leave all your travel worries with us.
How to Choose the Best Travel Insurance for USA Online?
Whether you are traveling for the first time to the US for studies or you are a seasoned traveler, it is always wise to protect yourself with an international travel insurance policy. So, if you are looking to buy travel insurance online, here you can go for our comprehensive region specific plans and consider your trip needs to choose the right cover.
Eligibility for USA Travel Insurance
The eligibility* criteria for an international travel insurance plan will depend on the type of plan you have chosen for your trip. Check the eligibility below:
|Travel Insurance Plans
|Explore - International Travel Insurance
||The minimum entry age is one day.
The age of a proposer is minimum 18 years or above.The maximum entry age for an adult is as specified in the plan.
|Student Explore – Student Travel Insurance
||The minimum entry age is 12 years.
The maximum entry age is 40 years.
*Please refer the policy documents
Things to Keep in Mind While Selecting Travel Insurance for USA from India
Following these tips to select travel insurance for USA to get best coverage for your trip:
- Trip Duration: You set your travel budget taking the duration of your trip into account, likewise consider how long your stay in the country would be to customize your international travel cover, The USA travel insurance plan, for a short visit will not cost as much as that for a month-long trip.
- Nature of Your Trip: If you are on a holiday and planning to engage in adventure sports, check the optional benefits available that will cover unexpected expenses in case of an emergency. If you think there are travel risks, then make sure your plan gives you suitable coverage.
- Check the coverage: Take a close look at the inclusions to know what is covered in the policy. The overseas US travel insurance plan comes with maximum benefits and affordable premium. Go for a multi-trip policy if you plan for frequent trips.
- Review the Exclusions: While on a trip, you might not want to be surprised and learn that your travel plan does not cover certain expenses you assumed it would. Hence, read the exclusion and plan your budget.
- Know the Claims Procedure: Make sure you know the procedure to notify the insurer and file a claim. Saving important contact details on your fingertips saves crucial time. Also, check whether you can access cashless treatment in the destination where you are heading.
Why is Senior Citizen Travel Insurance a Must?
It is always prudent to opt for travel medical insurance for elderly people if they are visiting the USA either for tourism, treatment or to meet their children. Covering a long-distance journey in a day can be a problem for old aged parents. They are more vulnerable to jet-lag, nausea, infection, allergies, and stroke. Additionally, medical treatment can create holes in their pockets; therefore it’s good to protect them with comprehensive travel insurance. It not only gives them financial security but also makes it easy for them to avail of the right treatment at the right time.
Further, your elderly parents may find it difficult to manage certain situations, such as trip delays due to unforeseen circumstances, or even misplaced checked-in baggage at the airport. That could also mean additional expenditures your parents might not have planned for, and could be stressful. So, here is where the benefits of their overseas travel insurance plan come into picture. It would provide coverage for all those expenses incurred, and save your parents by averting the financial strain.
FAQs on USA Travel Insurance
Is there any medical test required before buying travel insurance for the US?
No, there is no medical test required before buying a travel insurance plan for USA. You do not need to get into any medical examination before opting for our region-specific international travel insurance plan.
Documents Required for Travel Insurance USA
The documents required to get a travel insurance plan for USA include the proposal form and health declaration.
Why Do I need US Travel Insurance?
As a smart traveller, prior planning for managing unforeseen events, like trip delays or medical emergencies, during a trip is of utmost importance. It will save you from the unexpected burden of expenses. Further, healthcare in the United States is costly, and facing emergency hospitalization can add to your stress. Hence, before starting your trip from India, get travel insurance for the USA to ensure your financial protection. We recommend it whether you are visiting the country for leisure, pursuing studies, or for business.
What are the age criteria for which you issue a USA Travel Insurance?
The age criteria for getting the USA travel insurance policy are:
- The minimum age for entry is 1 day
- No maximum age limit for entry, in single trip policy
- Maximum age of 70 years for entry, in multi-trip policy
Can I Buy Travel Insurance for USA if I am going on a work permit to US?
Yes, you can get travel insurance for USA even if you are going to the US on an immigrant visa or a work permit visa.
Can I Buy US Travel Insurance if I am going for a short term course in the USA?
If you are planning a trip to the USA for a short term course, we suggest opting for a student travel insurance plan. The plan offers sum insured up to 10 lakh. The minimum age to buy the travel insurance policy for the US is 12 years, and to 40 years. It is only for a single student who wants to go abroad for studies. You cannot cover your family members in this plan.
However, for any other short trip, you can buy our US Travel Insurance plan. Our overseas travel plan is available for duration ranging anywhere between 3 to 24 months.
Can I buy USA Travel Insurance for my Parents?
Yes, you can buy US travel insurance for your parents. We offer various medical and non-medical benefits under our overseas travel insurance plans.
How to Buy Best Travel Insurance for USA when travelling from India?
If you are heading to the USA from India, then Care offers you USA travel insurance plan with best coverage for your trip. It not only gives you complete coverage but also provides you financial security when you are traveling to the US. Read below the key features of our US travel insurance plans:
- Cover in and out-patient treatment in an emergency
- Cashless hospitalization during medical emergencies
- Treatment of a life-threatening condition for pre-existing diseases
- Cover expenses for treatment in the home country
- Medical evacuation to provide appropriate medical facility
- Lump-sum amount as compensation in case of common carrier accidental death
- Cover trip delay or cancellation
- Bear the cost of obtaining the duplicate copy in case of loss of passport
- Reimbursement up to the sum insured in case of checked-in baggage
- Worldwide acceptance of travel insurance
- Up-gradation to business from economy class
- No maximum age limit even 1-day old child can cover
- 24*7 customer support services
Now you can get an international travel insurance plan for USA from India online. Here are the quick steps to follow:
- Step 1: Visit our official website and select international travel insurance
- Step 2: Under ‘Get Quote’ Section, enter relevant details
- Step 3: Customise your travel insurance policy
- Step 4: Pay the premium through a secure payment mode
You will receive the policy documents on your registered email-id.
How to Claim US Travel Insurance?
God forbid! If you encounter any medical or non-medical emergency in the USA, then hassle-free claim settlement is the first thing you are looking for. Therefore, it is vital to understand the claim process that can be done either as a cashless facility or reimbursement. With us, the claim settlement process is easy and simple.
Here are the simple steps you should follow to file a claim under your USA travel insurance plan:
- In emergency hospitalization, notify us on the number given in the policy document.
- Submit the duly filled claim form along with the original bills of the expenses incurred.
- After successful verification by our claim management team, we will process your claim, subject to the policy terms and conditions.