Japan Travel Insurance
The land of the rising sun, Japan is an archipelago and a highly-developed country in the world that has enticed millions of travelers worldwide. From beachside holidays to adventurous trips in the mountains, there are options galore for you to indulge in the best travel moments in Japan. The country attracts one and all with its rich culture, scenic landscapes, remarkable entertainment hubs, and charming historical cities.
Owing to the geographical location of Japan, earthquakes occur frequently in the country. Moreover, there are travel-related risks in terms of medical exigencies which should never be ignored. Choose Japan Travel Insurance as your financial support system when undertaking an international trip to a captivating destination like Japan.
Is Travel Insurance for Japan Mandatory?
The standard of medical care in Japan is high. In case of any medical emergency, you may have to spend a lot on your treatment that can hamper your travel plans. Furthermore, the chances of unexpected situations like trip delays or loss of personal belongings can never be ruled out. Thus, travelers are advised to buy Japan Travel Insurance to safeguard their international trip.
Moreover, the number of non-Japanese citizens in the country is growing. The government aims to ensure that quality healthcare is available to them. Besides, Japanese citizens are covered under their National Health System. This is why, non-Japanese visitors are encouraged to get health insurance cards for their convenience and bring along an interpreter to the medical centers, owing to the language barrier.
Quick Facts About Japan
Country calling code
Modes of transportation
Buses, Taxis, Ferries and Bullet Trains
3 Hours and 30 Minutes Ahead of India
Narita International Airport, Haneda Airport Kansai International Airport and Chūbu Centrair International Airport
Benefits of Travel Insurance for Japan
No matter what your travel purpose is, we've got you covered to make your journey joyous and stress-free. Summarizing below the benefits of opting for the best travel insurance for Japan:
- Comfort: Having a travel insurance cover for your Japan trip will save you, especially senior citizens and students, from the stress of traveling.
- Protection in Medical Emergency: The policy provides coverage to help you get immediate medical attention.
- Compensation in case of Mishaps: The plan offers compensation to the nominee in case of uncertain death of the insured person.
- Covers you in other Contingencies: Trip delays and loss of belongings and documentation will be taken care of under the travel plan.
- Multi-Trip Policy: If you are a frequent flyer, you can avail of the multi-trip travel policy.
- Cashless Claim Settlement: You can apply for the cashless claim facility.
- Region-specific Plans: Our region-specific customized international travel insurance plans help you to relish your trip and leave all your travel worries with us.
What is Covered in Travel Insurance For Japan?
We offer comprehensive travel insurance policies. Below is what all we covered under Japan travel insurance:
- Emergency hospitalization: In case you find yourselves in a medical emergency that requires hospitalization, the travel insurance plan for Japan will provide you complete cover encompassing IPD and OPD expenses.
- COVID-19 Coverage: Our travel insurance plans also cover hospitalization in a foreign country due to coronavirus.
- Accidental hospitalization: Get up to 100% sum insured in case of accidental hospitalization. We also cover Accidental Death/Permanent Total Disability.
- Pre-existing diseases: Japan Travel Insurance Plan will provide sum insured for the treatment of a life-threatening condition for pre-existing diseases.
- Treatment in home country: In case you require further treatment in your home country, there is coverage for expenses for up to 30 days or up to the policy end date, whichever is earlier.
- Medical Evacuation: Get cover during an emergency when there is a need for medical evacuation to the home country.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death: A lump sum amount as compensation will be paid if the insured person loses his/her life while traveling in common carrier/ public transport.
- Trip delay, cancellation, or interruption: You will get the compensation for the trip delayed, cancellation or interruption up to the sum insured and subject to policy terms and conditions.
- Loss of passport and checked-in baggage: Get coverage for loss of checked-in baggage or delay of checked-in baggage. In case of loss of passport, the plan offers a cover of up to USD 300/200 Euro with sub-limits.
- Up-gradation to Business Class: For a comfortable journey, if you require an up-gradation to business class, you will receive coverage of USD 1,000 under the Japan travel insurance policy
Under international travel insurance, you are also eligible for personal liability cover and coverage for the return of the minor child.
What is Not Covered in Japan Travel Insurance?
Specified below are exclusions when you cannot make a claim on the travel insurance policy:
- Medical treatment has taken outside the Country of Residence if that is the sole reason or one of the reasons for the journey
- Any Treatment, which could reasonably be delay until the insured person's return to the country of residence
- Any dental treatment or surgery unless necessitated due to an injury.
- Circumcision unless necessary for the treatment of an illness or as may be necessitated due to an accident.
- Treatment of any Congenital Anomaly or illness or defects or anomalies or treatment relating to birth defects
- Hormone replacement therapy.
- Weight management services and treatment, vitamins, and tonics related to weight control programs, services, and supplies, including treatment of obesity (including morbid obesity)
Note: Plan features, benefits, coverage, and underwriting of claims are subject to policy terms and conditions. Please refer to the brochure, sales prospectus, and policy documents carefully.
Eligibility for Japan Travel Insurance
Check the below eligibility criteria according to the plans:
|Travel Insurance Plans
|Explore - International Travel Insurance
||The minimum entry age is one day.
The minimum entry age of a proposer is 18 years or above.
The maximum entry age for an adult is as specified in the plan.
|Student Explore – Student Travel Insurance
||The minimum entry age is 12 years.
The maximum entry age is 40 years.
Please refer to the prospectus for more details on eligibility.
Premium for Japan Health Travel Insurance
The premium to obtain Japan Travel Insurance is based on factors like traveler’s age, destination, trip duration and type of coverage selected.
Types of Japan Visas
- Tourist Visa: This is a temporary visa that can be availed if you are visiting Japan for recreation/holiday. It is valid for a period of 90 days. Indians are required to pay a visa fee of INR 510 for either single or multiple trips. A service charge of INR 650 is also applicable.
- Business Visa: People visiting Japan for business purposes are required to obtain the Business Visa which is valid for up to 90 days. For multiple entry visas for business, the visitors are required to meet certain criteria as specified under the law.
- Medical Stay Visa: People visiting Japan for medical treatment or medical consultations should apply for this visa.
- Transit Visa: This visa is available for citizens of non-visa exempt countries. People who are en route to another country and need to stop over in Japan must avail the transit visa
Indian Ordinary Passport Holders who are visiting Japan as a temporary visitor can apply for multiple entry visas. They can avail visa for various purposes like tourism, visiting friends/relatives and business affairs except for revenue-generating business operations.
Although there are various long-term visas for Japan namely Working Visa and General Visa, the above visas come under the category of short-term visas and are most suited for those traveling to Japan for a short duration.
Visa Procedure for Japan
The eVisa system makes it easy for travelers to apply for a visa for Japan through online mode. The traditional method of visa application will involve a visit to the Japanese Embassy/ Consulate or a visa application center.
Step 1: Fill the application form with relevant details like full name, date of birth, address, passport details, etc.
Step 2: Provide the supporting documents based on your purpose of visit, as per the checklist. It includes a valid passport, old passports, and recent photographs of the applicant.
Step 3: Submit your duly-filled and signed application form and pay the specified visa fee.
It takes at least 4 working days to process the visa application after it is submitted at the Embassy of Japan.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Travelling to Japan
In order to make your Japan travel full of good memories below are some important things that you should keep in your mind:
- You need at least 15 days in order to explore the major tourist attractions in Japan. So, plan your Japan travel itinerary accordingly.
- The country can be visited during any time of the year but the ideal time is the autumn season, that is, September to November. Although, some visitors prefer to come to the country in the winter months from December to February as it is much affordable.
- Use public transport, which is the most efficient way to explore the cities. For long-distance train travel, opt for the Japan Rail Pass to save on expenses. The Shinkansen or bullet train network is widely known for its efficiency and the fares are reasonably priced.
- While communicating with the locals, it is advised that you be familiar with common Japanese phrases like 'Kon'nichiwa' (Hello), Ikura (How much?) and Arigato (Thank you).
- The country is prone to earthquakes that can be worrisome for some travelers. Always stay alert and keep an eye on the designated evacuation spots.
- As regards food and accommodation, Japan can be a little expensive for budget travelers. Vending machines are quite popular in Japan, from where you can buy snacks, drinks, and other essentials while on the go.
- Do remember to check out the traditional Japanese cuisine at the Conveyor Belt Sushi or Rotation Sushi.
- Opt for travel insrance Japan in advance so that you can enjoy your holidays without worries.
Documents Required for Travel Insurance Japan
With Care Health Insurance, you can easily avail Japan Travel Insurance Plan. Only you need the below listed documents:
- Travel Proposal Form
- Health declarati
Top Places To Visit In Japan
- Mount Fuji: Capture pristine views of one of the largest mountains in the country or go hiking for the perfect adventure at Mount Fuji.
- Tokyo Disneyland: Spend a day at the Tokyo Disneyland - a theme park spread over 115 acres of land - for a fun-filled time with friends and family.
- Kiyomizu-Dera: This is an ancient Buddhist temple in Kyoto. Nestled near Otowa Waterfall amidst the forested hills, visit this place that is listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Hokkaido Island: Find serenity in the natural hot springs or head to the national parks in the vicinity. Hokkaido is also known for its volcanoes and popular ski areas.
- Hiroshima: A city that has revived itself over the years, Hiroshima exudes peace and reflects the history of Japan. Take a trip to the Peace Memorial Park & Museum, Hiroshima Castle and Itsukushima Shrine.
Located in East Asia and surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, Japan is an island country. It ranks as the second-best in the world in the field of scientific and technological advancements and offers world-class infrastructure facilities. Japan is home to high-tech cities and serene towns that bring out the essence of Japanese culture. Situated in Japan, Tokyo and Osaka are known to be the busiest and most liveable cities in the world. Visit this land with distinctive culture and traditions for a unique and exciting experience.