Travel Insurance for Turkey
Turkey, has come up as the most popular holiday destination for beach lovers, foodies, and travel enthusiasts. It is an amalgamation between European and Asian cultures. With stunning scenery, beautiful coastline, authentic Turkish cuisine, and rich historical legacy, it attracts many tourists per year across the world. The ancient churches and blue mosque add more charm to this country. UNESCO has listed around 13 sites in Turkey as World Heritage. So, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags, make your travel itinerary, and get travel insurance for Turkey to enjoy the vividness of this beautiful country worry-free. Since untoward events happen anywhere, it is advisable to travel securely. Care Travel Insurance brings you a plan that gives you the best protection during several medical or non-medical risks. We offer immediate cashless hospitalization to reimbursement for loss of checked-in baggage, trip delay/cancellation, assistance in case of loss of passport, etc., under the policy coverage. You can get the policy at an affordable premium to make your trip memorable.
Is Travel Insurance for Turkey from India Mandatory?
Yes, if you want to explore the richness of Turkey, you have to get travel insurance first to get your visa process done. It is one of the members of the European Union (EU) that has made travel insurance for Turkey visa mandatory. So, before applying for a visa, buy the comprehensive travel insurance plans with unique benefits
Quick Facts about Turkey
783562 square kilometers
Most Popular Attractions
Blue Mosque, Artemis, Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Bursa, Troy
Benefits of Travel Insurance for Turkey
No matter what your travel purpose is, we've got you covered to make your journey joyous and stress-free. Summarizing below the benefits of opting for the best travel insurance for Turkey:
- Comfort: Having a travel insurance cover for your trip will save you, especially senior citizens and students, from the stress of traveling.
- Protection in Medical Emergency: The policy provides coverage to help you get immediate medical attention.
- Compensation in case of Mishaps: The plan offers compensation to the nominee in case of uncertain death of the insured person.
- Covers you in other Contingencies: Trip delays and loss of belongings and documentation will be taken care of under the travel plan.
- Multi-Trip Policy: If you are a frequent flyer, you can avail of the multi-trip travel policy.
- Cashless Claim Settlement: You can apply for the cashless claim facility.
- Region-specific Plans: Our region-specific customized international travel insurance plans help you to relish your trip and leave all your travel worries with us.
Explore - Travel Insurance Plan for Turkey
Traveling to Turkey to relish the beauty of exotic locales, historical sites, and shopping can easily be a budget-friendly affair. However, your budget can go out of track in case of any untoward incidents occur during your stay in Turkey. So, that's why it's wise to opt for an international travel insurance plan. However, according to Turkish travel policy, foreign travelers must have Turkey travel insurance to enter the Turkish territory.
What is Covered in Travel Insurance For Turkey?
We offer comprehensive travel insurance policies. Below is what all we covered under Turkey travel insurance:
- Emergency hospitalization: In case you find yourselves in a medical emergency that requires hospitalization, the travel insurance plan for Turkey will provide you complete cover encompassing IPD and OPD expenses.
- COVID-19 Coverage: Our travel insurance plans also cover hospitalization in a foreign country due to coronavirus.
- Accidental hospitalization: Get up to 100% sum insured in case of accidental hospitalization. We also cover Accidental Death/Permanent Total Disability.
- Pre-existing diseases: Turkey Travel Insurance Plan will provide a sum insured for the treatment of a life-threatening condition for pre-existing diseases.
- Treatment in home country: In case you require further treatment in your home country, there is coverage for expenses for up to 30 days or up to the policy end date, whichever is earlier.
- Medical Evacuation: Get cover during an emergency when there is a need for medical evacuation to the home country.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death: A lump sum amount as compensation will be paid if the insured person loses his/her life while traveling in a common carrier/ public transport.
- Trip delay, cancellation, or interruption: You will get the compensation for the trip delayed, cancellation, or interruption up to the sum insured and subject to policy terms and conditions.
- Loss of passport and checked-in baggage: Get coverage for loss of checked-in baggage or delay of checked-in baggage. In case of loss of passport, the plan offers a fixed amount to obtain its new or duplicate copy. In case of loss of passport, the plan offers a cover of up to USD 300/200 Euro with sub-limits.
- Up-gradation to Business Class: For a comfortable journey, if you require an up-gradation to business class, you will receive coverage of USD 1,000 under the Turkey travel insurance policy.
What is Not Covered in Turkey Travel Insurance Plan?
It is beneficial to check the exclusions of the travel insurance policy. Some of the exclusions are given below:
- Medical treatment has taken outside the Country of Residence if that is the sole reason or one of the reasons for the journey
- Any Treatment, which could reasonably be delay until the insured person's return to the country of residence
- Any dental treatment or surgery unless necessitated due to an injury.
- Circumcision unless necessary for the treatment of an illness or as may be necessitated due to an accident.
- Treatment of any Congenital Anomaly or illness or defects or anomalies or treatment relating to birth defects
- Hormone replacement therapy.
- Weight management services and treatment, vitamins, and tonics related to weight control programs, services, and supplies, including treatment of obesity (including morbid obesity)
Note: Plan features, benefits, coverage, and underwriting of claims are subject to policy terms and conditions. Please refer to the brochure, sales prospectus, and policy documents carefully.
Eligibility for Turkey Travel Insurance?
Check the below eligibility criteria according to the plans:
|Travel Insurance Plans
|Explore - International Travel Insurance
||The minimum entry age is one day.
The minimum entry age of a proposer is 18 years or above.
The maximum entry age for an adult is as specified in the plan.
|Student Explore – Student Travel Insurance
||The minimum entry age is 12 years.
The maximum entry age is 40 years.
Please refer to the prospectus for more details on eligibility.
Travel Insurance For Turkey - Claim Process & Procedure
Our claim process for a Turkey travel insurance policy is simple and hassle-free. Under the claim management procedure, you need to take care of two essential things:
- Notification of Claim
- Documents to be Submitted
Notification of Claim
For claim, you should notify us immediately by calling on any of our toll-free numbers with the following details:
- Policy Number
- Policyholder's Name
- Name of the Insured Person in respect of whom the claim is being made
- Nature of illness or injury or contingency for which claim is being made
- Date of admission to Hospital or date of loss
- Name and address of the attending Medical Practitioner and Hospital(if applicable)
- Any other information, documentation, or details requested by the Company or the Assistance Service Provider
If you want to avail of a cashless hospitalization facility, take care of the below points:
- The cashless facility is available only at the network providers for In-Patient Care
- For availing of the cashless facility, kindly call our customer support team
- You need to request the cashless facility in a prescribed format
- We may authorize your request, and after that, you do not need to pay for the hospital bills, except for the non-medical expenses.
For reimbursement, you need to send us the required documents. Our claim management team examines the documents and process your claim accordingly.
Documents to be Submitted
You need to submit the documents for reimbursement depends on the benefit. For hospitalization expenses below documents are required:
- Claim form(filled and signed by the insured)
- Release of Medical Information Form
- Original Pathological and diagnostic reports, discharge summary, indoor case papers, and a prescription issued by the treating Medical Practitioner
- Passport and Visa copy with Entry Stamp of the Country of Visit and exit Stamp from India
- Original bills and receipts
For more details, please check the sales prospectus.
Things to Keep in Mind While Selecting Turkey Travel Insurance
Before you make your final decision over selecting travel insurance for Turkey, here are some essential things to keep in mind:
- Turkey Approved Travel Insurance: While traveling to the Turkey territory, it is essential to cross-check if the travel insurance is valid for a Turkish visa
- Frequency of Trip: While a once-in-a-lifetime trip needs a single-trip insurance plan, frequent flyers would benefit from picking multi-trip travel insurance plans
- Trip Duration: The insurance premium is calculated based on the number of days you plan to spend in Turkey. The shorter the trip, the lower is the premium.
- Medical history: If you have a pre-existing life-threatening ailment, you need to ensure that the policy you pick accommodates it. Smokers and regular drinkers usually have a higher premium to pay than non-smoker and drinkers.
- High-Risk Zones: Destinations that are high-risk zones have insurance plans with a higher premium requirement. If you are headed to a country famous for adventure activities, you need to check if your policy covers adventure or sports injuries.
Types of Turkish Visa
Turkey e-Visa: Citizens from 99 countries across the world like India, USA, UK, UAE, Honk Kong, Portugal, Nepal, Norway, and more are allowed to get e-Visa. It can be obtained electronically after entering the required information and making the payment through credit cards. Authorities will send the approval on the registered email id of the applicants. However, the Passport Control Officers have the right to verify e-Visa at the time of entry and can deny entry if they find anything false.
- Single Entry Visa:Foreign travelers holding single-entry visas are allowed to enter Turkey within the stipulated time mentioned on the visa. If travelers leave the country at any time, the visa expires immediately.
- Double Entry Visa: Travellers can enter Turkey twice within the stipulated time mentioned on the visa. Their visa immediately expires after their second exit from the country.
- Multiple Entry Visa: Foreign tourists holding multiple entry visas are allowed to enter and exit this EU member country freely as many times. This is limited up to 90 days every six months
How to Obtain a Turkish e-Visa?
The Turkish government made it easy for foreign travelers to obtain e-Visa to encourage tourism. However, medical insurance for Turkey is also mandatory. Below are the steps to get a Turkish e- visa:
- Step 1: Go to the official website for Turkish e-Visa
- Step 2: Fill all the required details correctly
- Step 3: Pay the non-refundable visa fee
- Step 4: Collate all the necessary listed documents
- Step 5: You will get the e-approved visa in a PDF format on your email id.
The e-Visa is for tourism purposes only. In order to obtain a visa for another purpose, such as work and study, you have to apply through the embassy.
Documents Required for Turkish Offline Visa
You can get a Turkish e-Visa online without uploading a bunch of documents. But, when you are traveling to Turkey for work or study purposes, then you need the following document for the visa process.
- Valid Passport
- Two Identical Passport Size Photographs
- Travel Insurance
- Flight Itinerary
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Address Proof
- Employment Contract
- Proof of Accommodation
- Proof of Financial Means including Bank statements, ITR, credit card, traveler's cheques, and payslips
Places to Visit in Turkey
Turkey's rich history fascinated travelers from all over the globe. The country is located in the Asian peninsula and serves delicious food, vibrant nightlife, and pleasant weather. So, if you are heading to this lively country, then do not forget to visit these places.
Don't miss Hamman (a royal bath) in Istanbul
Being the biggest city of Turkey, Istanbul severs you with its delicacies. Hagia Sophia-the Blue Mosque is one of the main attractions of the city. You should also enjoy the Hamman. It is a traditional Turkish bath that makes you feel so royal and relaxed. If you are a shopping freak, then Istanbul is the right place to shop. You should visit spice and grand bazaar and also watch the traditional dance shows.
Visit Ankara, the Capital City
It is the capital of Turkey and the second-largest city. You can visit the Anitkabir, the mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the founder of Turkey. You can also enjoy the panoramic view of the city from the Ankara Citadel that is located in the Ulus Bentderesi. If you want to sip the best Turkish coffee, then go to Kizilay Square.
Go to Bodrum, The Getaway for Beach Lovers
Bodrum is the star of the Turkish Riviera. It is known as the getaway for beach lovers. The enchanting locations with cafes, restaurants, and hotels induce you to stay a few more days in Bodrum. You must visit Bodrum Castle, the Museum of Underwater Archaeology. Also, the ancient Bodrum Theatre and Myndos Gate are eye-catching.
Explore Kas, a Quiet Seaside Town
If you want to experience the calmness of Turkey, then you must explore Kas. It is a quiet seaside town located in the Antalya region on the Mediterranean coastline. You can see the glory of the marine world. There are several diving schools where you can get a train for your diving tour. When you take a city walk, you can see the colorful streets and old markets. If you are a history lover, then you should also go to Antiphellos Theatre as well.
See the Colourful Hot Air Balloons in Cappadocia
Once you have done touring in Istanbul and Ankara, take a direct flight to Cappadocia. It is located in the Central Anatolian region of Turkey. Whenever you look up, you can see colorful hot air balloons floating in the sky. You must go to Goreme Open Air Museum, Kaymakli underground city, pottery shops, Pasabag and Devrent Valleys and also stay in a cave hotel.
So, plan to visit Turkey to explore the mesmerizing beauty and lip-smacking Turkish cuisine. But, go wisely, as you know that medical or non-medical necessities can strike you anywhere during your journey. These expenses cost a bomb at an international destination that can hamper your trip. Care Travel Insurance plan for Turkey covers all sorts of travel uncertainties so that you can enjoy every bit of your stay in Turkey.