Switzerland Travel Insurance
A paradise on earth, Switzerland is a landlocked mountainous country located in South-Central Europe. This heart-racing Alpine land with ravishing landscapes shares its borders with Germany, France, Austria, and Liechtenstein. As it is a Schengen country, there is no escape from Switzerland travel insurance. Therefore, opt for the right travel insurance for Switzerland to experience the amazing Switzerland vibes.
Before going on an overseas trip, international tourists need to ensure that they have thoroughly secured themselves and got the required vaccinations. Wherever you go, there is no escape from the health and travel risks that could lead to unwanted expenditures. Moreover, foreign tourists may find healthcare facilities expensive. Hence, it is better to stay financially secured by opting for an overseas travel plan that will protect you during any emergency hospitalization or medical treatment in case of accidents.
Further, inconveniences due to trip delays or cancellations and loss of belongings or passport can cause a great degree of stress for a traveller. However, with the backing of a travel insurance for Switzerland, you will be safe even in such unforeseen situations.
So, as you plan for your next holiday to this scenic travel destination, a Switzerland travel insurance cover will give you just the best protection you need against travel uncertainties.
Is Travel Insurance for Switzerland Mandatory?
Yes, Switzerland is one of the Schengen countries, and Switzerland travel insurance is mandatory for all the foreign nationals, including Indians, to get the travel insurance for Schengen Visa. It allows you to travel visa-free in Schengen countries and also protects you in case of any medical or non-medical emergency that you can encounter during your stay in any of the Swiss cities.
Quick Facts about Switzerland
41, 285 square kilometers
Swiss- German, French and Italian
Zurich, Geneva, Lucerne, Bern, and Zermatt
Kirchenfeldstrasse 28, CH-3005 Berne, Switzerland
Phone number: 0041 31 350 11 30/ 0041 31 350 11 39
Consular Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax Number: 0041 31 351 15 57
Explore - Switzerland Travel Insurance Plan
The splendid alpine mountains, turquoise blue lakes, and picturesque landscapes, Switzerland serves you with all the delicacies that you have ever fanaticized. Modern restaurants, hotels with flower gardens, and cafes with live music retreat you. It is a safe country to travel to. But, you should take precautions because there are the chances you may fall sick due to freezing weather in the cities nearby Alpine line. You can also get skin allergies due to extreme cold, and medical treatment costs are pretty high there. Chances of accidents cannot be denied due to windy mountainous roads. You can opt for Switzerland travel insurance to travel safely. It covers your maximum travel risks and reimburses your expenses for medical and non-medical emergencies. These international travel insurance plans are available online. Our travel insurance advisors provide you the right quote with the right travel insurance cover at affordable premiums. Here you can explore our Switzerland travel insurance plan.
What is Covered in Switzerland Travel Insurance Plan?
Here we have listed all the major Medical and Non-medical benefits covered in Switzerland travel insurance policy.
- Emergency hospitalization: Switzerland Travel Insurance bears the expenses for both in and out-patient treatment in an emergency.
- Cashless hospitalization: You will get immediate cashless hospitalization in any pre-approved hospitals in Switzerland in case of medical emergencies.
- Pre-existing diseases: Switzerland travel insurance plan provides sum insured for treatment of a life-threatening condition for pre-existing diseases.
- Treatment in home country: If recommended by the doctors you require further treatment in your home country, we give you the coverage for expenses up to 30 days or up to the policy end date, whichever is earlier.
- Medical Evacuation: If required you can get emergency transportation for medical evacuation to provide the appropriate medical facilities.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death: We give a lump sum amount as compensation if the insured person loses his/her life while traveling in a common carrier or public transport.
- Trip Delay, Cancellation or Interruption: You will get a cover in case of trip delay and in case of trip cancellation or interruption.
- Loss of Passport & Checked-In Baggage: You are entitled to reimbursement in case of loss of checked-in baggage or delay of checked-in baggage.
- Up-gradation to Business Class: This is our unique feature. Under this cover, if you remain hospitalized for more than five consecutive days and need to be back in the home country, then up-gradation from economy to business class is provided.
- No Maximum Age Limit- There is no maximum entry age limit for buying our travel insurance. We can cover even 1-day old child as well.
- Other Covers- We provide assistance in case of loss of passport or important document.
What is Not Covered in Switzerland Travel Insurance Plan?
Switzerland travel insurance plan provides you the maximum coverage against all your travel risks. However, there are some situations guided by IRDA that are considered as exclusions, and no claim is provided for the same. Check below our exclusion list:
- Treatment costs of diseases such as HIV/AIDS/other transmitted diseases.
- Treatment expenses incurred due to adventure sports, hazardous activity, the influence of drugs, or alcohol, or consequences of war/nuclear perils.
- Costs incurred due to exposure to ionizing radiation or contamination.
- Expenses occurred due to the treatment of self-inflicted injury, suicide, etc.
- Any liability related to any professional services offered by the insure
- Expenses incurred by engaging in business activities.
- Costs incurred due to ownership of any aircraft, watercraft, motor vehicle, etc.
- Personal liability of the insured towards another individual (whether personal, official, or commercial).
- Costs incurred due to wrongful detention, false arrest, wrongful eviction, defamation, or mental trauma and shock resulting from such situations.
- Costs incurred due to encroachment of intellectual property rights like patent, copyright, and trademark.
- Liability related to possession of animals, insects, birds, and reptiles, and their by-products.
- Expenses arising due to Breach of Law are not covered in Switzerland Travel Insurance.
Benefits of Switzerland Travel Insurance
Enchanting Switzerland is the member country of the Schengen zone. According to the Schengen travel policies people, those who are heading towards the Schengen area need to have international travel insurance to get the Schengen visa. Now, look at the benefits of Switzerland travel insurance plan:
- Ease and convenience: Getting travel insurance for Switzerland brings the financial strength and confidence when you are travelling abroad. Senior citizens and students, especially, will find it convenient.
- Support during medical emergency: The travel cover is prerequisite for getting Schengen Visa. More importantly, it will keep you secured against uncertain medical emergency treatment, surgery or diagnostic tests, and enable you to seek immediate medical evacuation in the hour of need.
- Cashless Claim Settlement: With a Switzerland travel insurance plan, you can get cashless treatment in foreign hospitals, thus prevent any stress.
- Protection in non-medical emergencies: In other contingencies, the international travel insurance plan will prove helpful and provide coverage for loss of passport or baggage, personal liability or accident.
- Compensation in case of Mishaps: It provides compensation to the nominee in case of uncertain death of the insured.
- Region Specific Insurance Plans: Our destination-specific coverage will give you adequate protection when you need it the most.
- Multi-Trip Policy: There is an option of multi-trip insurance policy for frequent flyers so they can be free from any hassle.
How Much Does Travel Insurance for Switzerland Cost?
We offer such overseas travel insurance plans at very affordable premiums. The premium cost of a travel insurance cover for Switzerland will depend on a host of factors, such as trip duration, age, pre-existing medical conditions, number of travellers, traveling country, sum insured, and the type of coverage selected. Using a travel insurance premium calculator, you can compare different premium amounts and customize your options before choosing an affordable travel plan.
Here is an example.
Let us suppose a male aged 30 years, a solo traveller without any pre-existing medical condition, opts for a single-trip Switzerland travel insurance plan. The trip duration is one month. In this case, the average premium* for the travel cover would be around Rs 1,267, including GST @ 18%.
*T&C applied. The amount may vary based on age and other factors.
How to Get a Switzerland Visa?
The Switzerland visa process is a bit time consuming but not that tough at all. You should follow the below-mentioned steps and get it done easily.
- You have to buy travel insurance for Switzerland to get the visa. It's mandatory to get medical insurance for a Schengen visa.
- Your next step, after you get Switzerland travel insurance is to fill an application form.
- Prepare a cover letter and mention your purpose of the visit and also give your travel itinerary.
- Collate related documents such as bank statement showing a minimum balance of €30,000 for the last six months, proof of civil status (birth certificates), employment contract, and income tax proof.
- Next, you have to book an appointment at least a month back for an interview to ensure the timely process of your visa.
- You have to appear for a visa interview at an embassy with the required documents. You should reach the venue on time.
- You have to pay the visa fee around INR 6000 as well. It is non-refundable.
- Be prepared to know the status. It can be accepted or rejected. Discretion to approve or disapprove your visa application lies with the embassy.
Documents Required for Switzerland Visa
Switzerland visa is obligatory to visit Schengen zone. The process is not cumbersome. You need to submit all the below-mentioned documents on time and pack your bags to enjoy your journey.
- Switzerland Travel Insurance
- Application form
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Address proof
- Employment Contract
- A valid passport
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of accommodation
- Bank account statement
- Income tax proof
Eligibility for Switzerland Travel Insurance
The eligibility* criteria for an international travel insurance plan will depend on the type of plan you have chosen for your trip. Check the eligibility below:
|Travel Insurance Plans
|Explore - International Travel Insurance
||The minimum entry age is one day.
The age of a proposer is minimum 18 years or above. The maximum entry age for an adult is as specified in the plan.
|Student Explore – Student Travel Insurance
||The minimum entry age is 12 years.
The maximum entry age is 40 years.
*Please refer to the policy documents
Places to Visit in Switzerland
- Zurich: It’s the largest lively multicultural Swiss city. You can go to riverside restaurants, upscale shops, and churches to witness the charm of this city. Lake Zurich, Swiss National Museum, Mount Pilatus, Oldtown, Opera House, and Zoo Zurich are the places that you should visit.
- Geneva: You can opt for a chocolate factory, cheese factory, and Geneva city tour when you stepped into this lakeside city. Lake Geneva- the turquoise beauty welcomes you with open arms. You can go for a ferry or cruise tour as well to admire the beauty of this huge lake.
- Lucerne: Being a small Swiss city, Lucerne has a lot to explore. Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, Swiss Museum, and Spreuer Bridge are the major attractions of the city. You should plan one day for this city to capture the night view of the lovely architecture.
- Bern: This capital city of Switzerland is situated around the Aare River. The Zytglogge(Clock Tower), Bear Pit, The Cathedral of Bern, and the Parliament Building are the eye-catchers in the city. You can also go for a glacier trip from Bern.
- Zermatt: This small Swiss town is for skiing, climbing, and hiking. Matterhorn-an iconic mountain in Zermatt, Gornergrat-a ridge, Klein Mountain-a lofty peak, and Gornergrat Railway Station are the places that you should visit when you are in Zermatt.
>> Check Country Wise Travel Insurance Plans
Things to Do in Switzerland
Bestowed with rural beauty, medieval old towns, modern art, riverside restaurants, castles, Alpine views, Swiss cities have a lot to offer. It is one of Europe's most appealing tourist destinations. Chocolates, cowbells, cable cars, cheese makers, wine, and ancient Roman culture add stars and the moon in the beauty of this Alp country. So, what are you waiting for you? Get ready to capture the aesthetic views of famous Lake Geneva with snow-covered Swiss Alps in the background.
- Taste the Fresh Swiss cuisine: A mixture of German, French and Italian, Swiss cuisine serves you with fresh culinary. Cheese fondue, Raclette, Älplermagronen, Rösti, Swiss chocolate, and Swiss wine are must-try when you are in Switzerland.
- Shopping in Switzerland: Shopping is equally fascinating in Switzerland. Watches and chocolates are the specialties, and you find several options. You can also buy Cuckoo Clock, art pieces, and chocolates as the souvenir.
- Fun activities: Paddleboarding, boating, skydiving, wine & cheese tasting, cable car riding, and kayaking are some of the fun activities that you must do in Switzerland.
- Adventure Sports: If you are an adventure sports lover, then Switzerland never disappoints you. Skiing, rock climbing, and paragliding are adventure sports that you can enjoy in the Alpine mountains.
- Cheese, Chocolate, and Wine Tour: You can either opt for a self- guided tour or hire a guide for Cheese, Chocolate, and Wine Tour. See how cheese, chocolates, and wine are made. Also, get to know the history of these Swiss products and how they have become so popular worldwide.
Things to Remember When Traveling to Switzerland: Quick Travel Tips
- Get Travel Insurance for Switzerland: Opt for Schengen travel insurance to travel safely and get protection against travel risks
- Booking in Advance: Get all your booking done in advance to avoid last-minute hassles.
- Weather: Gear up for the cold weather. Winters are freezing cold, so ensure you pack additional layers, coat, gloves, etc. Check the weather and shop accordingly for Switzerland travel wardrobe
- Currency: Swiss franc is the official currency in the country. Carry sufficient cash.
- Getting around cities: Use public transportation to explore Switzerland. It's easy, safe, and reasonable. Take a walking tour according to the city map. Plan your stoppage near the lakes of Switzerland.
- What to Eat: Try fresh cheese, chocolates, and wine. Meals can be expensive. Buying your own groceries and cooking can be a better option.
- Language: Speak English; people understand it easily. Besides English, people also speak German, French, Italian, and Romansh as these are the official languages.
From history to entertainment, this country hosts everything that you can frame in your Swiss memories forever. Explore this city of Romance with your beloved and stay protected with Switzerland travel insurance. It helps you in untoward situations and supports you in a financial crunch, wherever you go to Switzerland for an unforgettable experience.
Do I need to declare existing medical conditions to get Switzerland travel insurance?
Yes, the insured person must submit a health declaration when opting for a Switzerland travel insurance cover.
Will my travel insurance Switzerland fees be refunded if my visa is refused?
The Switzerland travel insurance policy includes the option of reimbursement of the visa fee for an additional premium. In case the visa gets rejected for no fault or negligence on the part of the policyholder, the visa fee will be reimbursed.
The policyholder can go for cancellation of the travel policy, due to denial of visa, upon providing documentary proof, such as written request and copy of passport/visa denial letter. The premium will be refunded, subject to policy terms and conditions.
Will my travel insurance for Switzerland cover me for multiple trips to Switzerland?
If you have planned multiple trips to Switzerland, customise travel insurance cover by selecting the annual multi-trip policy. The policy will include more than one period of insurance during the policy term, subject to the maximum trip duration per trip, as mentioned in the policy schedule.