About Travel Insurance for Senior Citizens
Retirement brings new hopes to old age people to live life once again. After so many years of hard work, sacrifices, and sleepless nights, they are ready to play their second innings worry-free, and travel is the best idea. So, give wings to your dream and get ready to explore the world. But, do not let any medical or non-medical emergency hinder your travel joy. Plan your international trip with senior citizen travel insurance that helps you to enjoy your sixty-plus overseas travel worry-free. Read below what travel insurance for senior citizens covers and how it is beneficial:
What does Travel Insurance for Senior Citizens Cover?
Travel insurance for senior citizens offers comprehensive coverage to older people. See what all it covers:
- Emergency Hospitalization: If you find yourself in a medical emergency that requires hospitalization, the travel insurance plan will provide you complete cover encompassing IPD and OPD expenses.
- COVID-19 Coverage: We offer COVID-19 coverage so that you can enjoy your trip without the pandemic fear. Refer to policy T&C for more details.
- Personal Accident: Travelling abroad can bring many uncertainties, and accidents are among them. Keeping in mind such worries, we cover Accidental Death/Permanent Total Disability that require urgent and immediate medical attention.
- Dental Treatment: If any injury is caused to your sound natural teeth or you have any acute pain, do not worry! We cover medical expenses for such dental treatment so that you can keep your million-dollar smile as is.
- Pre-existing Diseases: Our travel insurance plan will cover the treatment of pre-existing diseases in case of a life-threatening condition.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death: A lump sum amount as compensation will be paid if the insured person loses his/her life while traveling in a common carrier/ public transport.
- Trip Delay, Cancellation, or Interruption: You will get the compensation for the trip delayed, cancellation, or interruption up to the sum insured and subject to policy terms and conditions.
- Loss of Passport and Checked-in Baggage: Get coverage for loss of checked-in baggage or delay of checked-in baggage. In case of loss of passport, the plan offers a cover of up to USD 300/200 Euro with sub-limit.
- Up-gradation to Business Class: If the medical practitioner certifies that the insured person needs to be hospitalized for at least five consecutive days and should go back to the home country, we cover reasonable expenses for up-gradation from economy to business class.
- Personal Liability: If actual legal liability arises on account of the insured person's negligence for which civil claim is made or suit brought against the insured person by the third parties, we cover it too.
- New Coverage Benefits: We have widened our horizon and offer coverage for Missed Flight Connection/Hijack Distress Allowance/Automatic Trip Extension to keep you at bay from unnecessary stress.
- No Maximum Age Limit: There is a no-entry age for travel insurance. You can opt for it even for your one day only child as well at an affordable premium.
- Policy Extension: Why buy a travel policy for every trip? You can extend the same policy up to the maximum trip duration of 365 days
- Refund of Visa Fee: We refund your visa fee if your visa got rejected for no fault or negligence. It is an optional cover. Refer to T&C for more details
- Adventure Sports Coverage: Adventure sports bring excitement and thrill, but at the same time can cause injuries too. We offer adventure sports coverage so that such injuries won't ruin your fun.
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains: We bear the costs of repatriation of the insured person's mortal remains back to the home country for local burial or cremation
*Refer to policy T&C for more details.
Exclusions under Senior Citizens Travel Insurance
Travel insurance for senior citizens also has exclusions. Below are the conditions/medical procedures/treatments/diseases/that are not permissible under policy coverage:
- Medical treatment has taken outside the Country of Residence if that is the sole reason or one of the reasons for the journey
- Any Treatment, which could reasonably be delay until the insured person's return to the country of residence
- Any dental treatment or surgery unless necessitated due to an injury.
- Circumcision unless necessary for the treatment of an illness or as may be necessitated due to an accident.
- Treatment of any Congenital Anomaly or illness or defects or anomalies or treatment relating to birth defects
- Hormone replacement therapy.
- Weight management services and treatment, vitamins, and tonics related to weight control programs, services, and supplies, including treatment of obesity (including morbid obesity)
>> Also Read: Health insurance for Senior Citizens
Benefits of Travel Insurance for Senior Citizens
Whether it's for meeting your children, grandchildren, business, seminars, etc., traveling is exciting and brings new waves in life. Opting for our senior citizen travel insurance plan add more charm to it and gives older people a sigh of relief. Below are some of its significant benefits:
- Comfort: Having a travel insurance cover for your trip will save you, especially senior citizens, from the stress of traveling.
- Protection in Medical Emergency: The policy provides coverage to help you get immediate medical treatment.
- Compensation in case of Mishaps: The plan offers compensation to the nominee in case of the insured person's uncertain death.
- Covers you in other Contingencies: Trip delays and loss of belongings and documentation will be taken care of under the travel plan.
- Multi-Trip Policy: If you are a frequent flyer, you can avail of the multi-trip travel policy.
- Cashless Claim Settlement: You can apply for the cashless claim facility.
- Region-specific Plans: Our travel insurance for senior citizens is region-specific, helping you cross the countries' boundaries and stay there hassle-free.
Thus, after so many years of exertion, rejuvenating your body and soul with travel. But, as it is full of uncertainties and surprises, it's always good to cover yourself or your old age travel companions with travel insurance for senior citizens before starting your trip. You can opt for Care Health Insurance; the most trusted brand offers comprehensive travel insurance covering your travel risks. It gives you the maximum coverage at an affordable premium and helps you during a medical emergency in a foreign land. So, fly high with overseas travel insurance to explore the world fearlessly in your 60s.