About Travel Insurance for Senior Citizens
Retirement brings new hopes to old age people to live life once again. After so many years of hard work, sacrifices, and sleepless nights, they are ready to play their second innings worry-free, and travel is the best idea. So, give wings to your dream and get ready to explore the world. But, do not let any medical or non-medical emergency hinder your travel joy. Plan your international trip with senior citizen travel insurance that helps you to enjoy your sixty-plus overseas travel worry-free. Read below what travel insurance for senior citizens covers and how it is beneficial:
What does Travel Insurance for Senior Citizens Cover?
Travel insurance for senior citizens offers comprehensive coverage to older people. See what all it covers:
- Emergency Hospitalization: If you find yourself in a medical emergency that requires hospitalization, the travel insurance plan will provide you complete cover encompassing IPD and OPD expenses.
- COVID-19 Coverage: We offer COVID-19 coverage so that you can enjoy your trip without the pandemic fear. Refer to policy T&C for more details.
- Personal Accident: Travelling abroad can bring many uncertainties, and accidents are among them. Keeping in mind such worries, we cover Accidental Death/Permanent Total Disability that require urgent and immediate medical attention.
- Dental Treatment: If any injury is caused to your sound natural teeth or you have any acute pain, do not worry! We cover medical expenses for such dental treatment so that you can keep your million-dollar smile as is.
- Pre-existing Diseases: Our travel insurance plan will cover the treatment of pre-existing diseases in case of a life-threatening condition.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death: A lump sum amount as compensation will be paid if the insured person loses his/her life while traveling in a common carrier/ public transport.
- Trip Delay, Cancellation, or Interruption: You will get the compensation for the trip delayed, cancellation, or interruption up to the sum insured and subject to policy terms and conditions.
- Loss of Passport and Checked-in Baggage: Get coverage up to USD 750 for loss of checked-in baggage or delay of checked-in baggage. For delay of checked-in baggage, you will get the cover for up to USD 100. In case of loss of passport, the plan offers a cover of up to USD 300.
- Up-gradation to Business Class: If the medical practitioner certifies that the insured person needs to be hospitalized for at least five consecutive days and should go back to the home country, we cover reasonable expenses for up-gradation from economy to business class.
- Personal Liability: If actual legal liability arises on account of the insured person's negligence for which civil claim is made or suit brought against the insured person by the third parties, we cover it too.
- New Coverage Benefits: We have widened our horizon and offer coverage for Missed Flight Connection/Hijack Distress Allowance/Automatic Trip Extension to keep you at bay from unnecessary stress.
- No Maximum Age Limit: There is a no-entry age for travel insurance. You can opt for it even for your one day only child as well at an affordable premium.
- Policy Extension: Why buy a travel policy for every trip? You can extend the same policy up to the maximum trip duration of 365 days
- Refund of Visa Fee: We refund your visa fee if your visa got rejected for no fault or negligence. It is an optional cover. Refer to T&C for more details
- Adventure Sports Coverage: Adventure sports bring excitement and thrill, but at the same time can cause injuries too. We offer adventure sports coverage so that such injuries won't ruin your fun.
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains: We bear the costs of repatriation of the insured person's mortal remains back to the home country for local burial or cremation
*Refer to policy T&C for more details.
Exclusions under Senior Citizens Travel Insurance
Travel insurance for senior citizens also has exclusions. Below are the conditions/medical procedures/treatments/diseases/that are not permissible under policy coverage:
- Any diagnosis of diseases/undergoing surgery/occurrence of an event, whose signs or symptoms occur within the first 30 days of policy period are not covered in international travel insurance for senior citizens.
- Expenses attributable to self-inflicted injuries, such as suicide, attempted suicide, etc.
- Expenses arising out of or attributable to alcohol or drug
- Medical expenses incurred for transmitted diseases such as AIDS
- Treatment arising from or traceable to pregnancy and childbirth, miscarriage, abortion, and its consequences
- Infertility treatment and in vitro fertilization cannot be claimed.
- Expenses incurred for the treatment of congenital disease (diseases or disabilities occur due to congenital disabilities)
- War, nuclear attacks, riots, and strikes are permanent exclusions.
- Plastic surgery, cosmetic treatment, and implant are also not covered under an overseas travel insurance policy for senior citizens.
>> Also Read: Health insurance for Senior Citizens
Benefits of Travel Insurance for Senior Citizens
Whether it's for meeting your children, grandchildren, business, seminars, etc., traveling is exciting and brings new waves in life. Opting for our senior citizen travel insurance plan add more charm to it and gives older people a sigh of relief. Below are some of its significant benefits:
- Comfort: Having a travel insurance cover for your trip will save you, especially senior citizens, from the stress of traveling.
- Protection in Medical Emergency: The policy provides coverage to help you get immediate medical treatment.
- Compensation in case of Mishaps: The plan offers compensation to the nominee in case of the insured person's uncertain death.
- Covers you in other Contingencies: Trip delays and loss of belongings and documentation will be taken care of under the travel plan.
- Multi-Trip Policy: If you are a frequent flyer, you can avail of the multi-trip travel policy.
- Cashless Claim Settlement: You can apply for the cashless claim facility.
- Region-specific Plans: Our travel insurance for senior citizens is region-specific, helping you cross the countries' boundaries and stay there hassle-free.
How much does travel insurance cost over the 70s?
Travel insurance for over 70s cost higher. However, other factors, such as travel duration, destination country, pre-existing diseases, etc., are also considered.
At what age does travel insurance become expensive?
Travel insurance becomes expensive for people over 65 years and keeps on increasing as they get older.
Does travel insurance go up after 70 years?
Yes, the premium of travel insurance goes up at age 70 years. It is so because the chances of getting sick and frequent claims are higher for senior citizens.
What is the best travel insurance for above 75 years?
Care offers comprehensive travel insurance for senior citizens above 75 years. It covers their medical and non-medical risks and helps them avail of cashless hospitalization facility in a foreign country during medical emergencies.
Do I need to declare high cholesterol on travel insurance?
If you have high cholesterol, you have to declare it while buying travel insurance.
Thus, after so many years of exertion, rejuvenating your body and soul with travel. But, as it is full of uncertainties and surprises, it's always good to cover yourself or your old age travel companions with travel insurance for senior citizens before starting your trip. You can opt for Care Travel Insurance; the most trusted brand offers comprehensive travel insurance covering your travel risks. It gives you the maximum coverage at an affordable premium and helps you during a medical emergency in a foreign land. So, fly high with overseas travel insurance to explore the world fearlessly in your 60s.