Finland Travel Insurance: A Cover For Your Safe Trip To Finland
Finland is a Tapestry of natural beauty in Northern Europe. Whether your travel to-do list includes hiking in the mountains or exploring ancient heritage, Finland has everything and more to offer! However, with plenty of experience comes the risks that may create a hole in your pocket in a foreign land!
Picture this, mesmerised by the beauty of Finland; you book a solo trip to the country. However, changing time zones and weather conditions worsen your pre-existing asthma problems. Stressed, you reach out to a doctor, who advises you to get hospitalised and prescribes the need for a companion. The situation's urgency makes you pay for the uninvited events and, thus, derails your complete trip budget.
In such drastic situations, travel insurance for Finland could have come to your rescue without impacting your budget. Thus, to ensure such situations do not occur, you should secure your trip with Care’s Travel Insurance for Finland.
Know that you know why you need a travel insurance policy to cover your foreign trip, read on to understand other important aspects of buying travel insurance online.
Is Having a Finland Travel Health Insurance Mandatory?
Finland is a Schengen region country nestled in the northern parts of Europe. Thus, travel insurance is a pre-requisite if you plan on visiting Finland on a Schengen visa.
Moreover, the travel insurance policy for Finland shall also ensure security from emergencies associated with hospitalisation, trip cancellation, baggage loss, liability charges, etc.
When Can Travel Insurance for Finland Be Helpful?
While travelling to Finland, you must secure your trip with comprehensive travel insurance. A carefully bought travel insurance shall come to your rescue in the following scenarios:
- Amidst medical emergencies: Medical emergencies may accompany you on your trip for several reasons. While trip fatigue, pre-existing disease, jet lag, and climatic changes can be the reasons for the discomfort, travel insurance can cover you if the worsened conditions lead you to hospitalisation.
- If you lose your checked-in belongings: Losing your belongings during your trip doesn’t just bring heartbreak but also brings loss to your pocket. However, you do not have to worry if you have covered your Finnish trip with Finland travel insurance.
- During emergency evacuation: Finland travel insurance comes to your rescue when you get stuck in an emergency that demands an evacuation.
- Under charges of personal liability: A liability charge in an overseas country is something you’ll never want to encounter! However, your Finnish travel insurance can help you settle it down if you encounter one during your foreign trip.
- In times of unfortunate death: God forbid if you or an insured member faces an accidental injury that leads to death in Finland, your Finland travel insurance provides compensation based on the policy terms & conditions.
What are the Main Features of Care’s Finland Travel Insurance?
Finland travel insurance at Care Health Insurance is designed to meet all your destination-specific needs. Some of the features of Care’s Finland travel insurance are as follows:
- Affordable Premium: Care’s Travel Insurance for Finland is designed to fit your budget and meet your unique trip-related needs.
- Automatic Trip Extension: Your Finnish travel insurance bought from Care has a feature of automatic trip extension that can be used in unprecedented and prescribed medical conditions.
- Cashless Claim Processing: With Care’s Finland travel insurance, you can avail of cashless healthcare facilities at Care’s network hospitals in Finland.
- All-inclusive Protection: Care Health Insurance provides 24*7*365 financial assistance so that you can contact us whenever a financial emergency strikes during your trip.
- Useful Add-on Benefits: Finland Travel Insurance helps you secure your frequent and long-duration trips and provide new-age coverage such as PED coverage, refund of visa fees, etc.
*The above-mentioned features of Care travel insurance are for reference purposes only. Please refer to the brochure for more details on product features.
Care Travel Insurance for Finland: All That You Need to Know
Care’s Schengen travel insurance is the best plan to cover your trip to Finland. Thus, we have tabulated the details of Schengen travel insurance below:
||€ 30K & 100K (Vary according to the premium)
||US $ 30K, 50K, 100K, 300K, 500K, and 1000K
- Single Trip
- Multi-trip (Policy will be on an annual basis)
|There are fixed policy tenure options of 1 to 24 months available under Student Travel Plans
|Entry Age (Single Trip)
||Minimum: Child- 1Day, Adult- 18 Years
Maximum: Child- 24 Years, Adult- Lifelong
|Every fixed-tenure policy involves the same eligibility criteria-
Minimum: 12 Years
Maximum: 40 Years
|Entry Age (Multi-trip)
||Minimum: Child- 1Day, Adult- 18 Years
Maximum: Child- 24 Years, Adult- Lifelong
|Minimum: 12 Years
Maximum: 40 Years
What is Covered Under Finland Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance for Finland at Care Health Insurance is designed to meet the destination-specific requirements of insured travellers. Keep reading further to understand the medical, non-medical and trip-related coverage provided under travel insurance for Finland from India.
- Emergency Hospitalisation: The Finland travel insurance covers your expenses if you encounter a medical condition requiring immediate medical attention.
- COVID-19 Coverage: If you encounter covid-19 infection, Care’s Finland travel insurance provides standard coverage against the costs if you encounter a hospitalisation due to Covid-19 coverage.
- Personal Accident: Care’s Finland travel insurance compensates up to 100% of the sum insured if the insured members encounter an accident during their trip duration.
- Treatment in your home country: If a doctor prescribes treatment in the home country, then the Finland travel insurance covers the same for up to 30 days or up to the policy end date, whichever is earlier.
- Medical Evacuation: Finland travel insurance comes to your rescue when a doctor prescribes an emergency medical evacuation for covered reasons.
- Trip Hiccups: If you face financial losses due to trip delays/interruptions/cancellations etc., under covered reasons, the Finland travel insurance provides coverage.
- Loss of passport and checked-in baggage: Care's Finland travel insurance provides coverage if you lose your belongings after checking in at the airport for covered reasons.
- Up-gradation to Business Class: Your travel insurance for Finland from India covers the difference amount in the up-gradation of business class airfare if your doctor prescribes business class travel for a safe and comfortable journey.
*Aforementioned are just a few coverage benefits of the Care travel insurance plan. Please carefully refer to the policy documents to know the coverage in detail.
What is Not Covered Under Finland Travel Insurance
Your Finnish travel insurance is an exhaustive policy that covers you under undeniable emergencies. However, Finland travel insurance may not cover certain circumstances, such as:
- Drug Misuse: Liability or expenses arising from drug or alcohol use/misuse/abuse shall not be covered under the Finland travel insurance.
- Self-inflicted Injury: Expenses incurred due to self-inflicted injuries such as suicide attempts shall not be covered under the Finland travel insurance.
- Breach of Law: Liabilities or harms incurred to a third party due to a breach of the law shall not be covered under travel insurance for Finland.
- World War: Claims arising due to national or international war, nuclear perils, or other consequences shall not be covered under Finland travel insurance.
- Hazardous Activities: Any claims relating to hazardous activities that are otherwise not mentioned in the policy documents shall not be covered.
- Dental Treatment: Claims arising from planned dental surgery or any other cosmetic surgeries shall not be approved unless necessitated by a doctor due to acute pain.
Note: Plan features, benefits, coverage, and claims underwriting are subject to policy terms and conditions. Please refer to the brochure, sales prospectus, and policy documents carefully.
Factors Affecting the Premium of Finland Travel Insurance
Travel insurance for Finland may vary due to multiple reasons, such as trip duration, number of members insured, number of pre-existing diseases covered etc. A few factors that affect the travel insurance premium are mentioned below:
- Nature of the Trip: Your travel insurance premium varies depending on the type of trip option you choose. Travel insurance for a single trip can be more affordable than multi-trip travel plans. However, there are its own benefits to purchasing a multi-trip policy if you are a frequent flyer.
- Trip Duration: The number of days you stay in a foreign country can help you determine the travel insurance premium for the specific country. The more days you spend in a country, the higher your travel insurance premium gets.
- Medical History: The number of pre-existing conditions covered can help increase or decrease your premium. However, mentioning the existing disease well in advance can save you from unnecessary last hassles if you encounter a medical emergency during your trip.
- Coverage: A higher coverage comes with a higher premium. However, paying a higher premium is sometimes necessary if you do not require specific coverage. Thus, you should evaluate your plan’s coverage carefully and select the travel insurance plan that suits your destination-specific needs.
- Exclusions: With a higher exclusion, you may have to pay for a lower premium. However, with higher exclusions, the chances of you remaining uncovered in an emergency abroad increase significantly. Thus, it is important to carefully read the exclusions before you purchase your travel insurance for Finland.
How to File a Claim?
The claim settlement team at Care Health Insurance ensures you do not face any hassles while filing a claim. You can follow the following procedures to file a Care’s Travel Insurance claim.
Types of Finland Visa
Indian tourists must apply for a Finland visa to visit Finland. The purpose of your visit defines the type of visa that you need. Finland visa comprises five major types of visa.
- Tourist Visa: If you wish to visit Finland for tourism purposes, you should apply for a Finland tourist visa. The tourist visa for Finland allows you to stay in Finland for up to 90 days.
- Long-Term Visa: If you wish to move to Finland for long-term purposes such as work, studies, or staying in Finland, you shall apply for various types of Long-term visas. Long-term visas for Finland are generally of three types, namely,
- Family Visa:If you are going to stay in Finland with a resident of Finland, then a Finland visa is the one you should apply for.
- Work Visa:If you plan to stay in Finland long-term for work purposes, you should apply for a Finland work visa.
- Student Visa:To pursue higher education in Finland, you should apply for a Finland Student visa.
- Seasonal Work Visa: If you wish to visit Finland for business or short-term employment, you can visit Finland on a Seasonal work visa. The validity of the Finland Seasonal Work Visa is of 90 days.
- Seamen Visa: If you wish to travel through the ports of Finland to any connected country, you need a Finland Seamen visa. This visa has a validity of 15 days.
- Transit Visa:Finland transit visa is for people travelling to a third country with Finland as a transit zone.
How to Apply for Finland Visa from India?
To apply for a Schengen visa for Finland, follow the steps below.
- Determine your purpose for visiting Finland and the type of visa you need.
- Once you determine the purpose of your visit, book an appointment at the nearest Finnish consulate.
- Download the Visa application form and fill in the asked information carefully./li>
- Collect the documents according to the instructions and attest them with the visa application form.
- Once filled, submit the visa application form and the attested documents to the visa consulate website and pay the visa application fee.
- Once done, wait for the notification for the visa application. You may receive the interview notification through mail or SMS within 15-20 working days.
Important Facts About Finland
|Currency Used in Finland
|Indian Embassy in Finland
||Kulosaarentie 32, 00570 Helsinki, Finland,
Contact Number: +358 9 2289910
|Finland Embassy in India
||E-3, Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021,
Contact Number: 011 4149 7500
|Major International Airports
||Finland has a total of 27 international airports.
|Best Time to Visit
||Finland is a beautiful destination year-round! However, the best time to visit Finland is May to September.
|Places to Visit
||Northern Lights, Aland, Suomenlinna, Santa Claus Village, Helsinki, Levi, Savonlinna