Introducing Care for Senior Citizens
Let’s allow ’Age’ to be just a number and nothing more than that. It’s finally time for you to relax and enjoy the most peaceful years of your life. However, this is also the time that requires more health caution.
Post-retirement life comes with a bounty of expectations – for the shackles of the daily grind are gone, and one can finally dedicate their time to the things they love! Your parents and elderly relatives can get the best out of this phase if they are in good health and insured under senior citizen health insurance plans.
Don't let age be a hindrance to celebrate your second innings the fullest –Care for Senior, a specially curated health insurance for citizens above 61 years of age with several benefits like an annual health check-up, tax savings, floater and individual cover, and of course, a support team for 24x7 assistance.
Key Features of Care for Senior Citizen Health Insurance
A medical uncertainty can knock on your door anytime. With our health insurance, Care for Senior Citizen, your parents or elderly loved ones can get the best health care facilities without any financial implications:
- Individual or floater cover
- Cover pre and post hospitalization expenses
- No pre-policy medical check-up
- Annual health check-up for all insured person
- Automatic recharge of Sum Insured
- Lifelong renewability
- Under section 80D, tax benefits up to INR 1,00,000/-*
What is covered under Health Insurance for Senior Citizen Policy?
Medical expenditures are higher for older people. Opting for senior citizen health insurance in India is the best way to keep them at bay from medical emergencies. Below is what all we covered in it:
- In-Patient Hospitalization- At times, older people need hospitalization for treatment. We pay for most of the hospitalization expenses, that is, for at least 24 hours.
- Day care- Thanks to medical advancement! You can easily take the treatment under daycare. We cover over 540+ daycare procedures under medical insurance for senior citizens.
- Coverage for Pre-Existing Diseases- Some pre-existing medical conditions like Diabetes and Hypertension need regular medication. We cover them to ensure good health for older people.
- Pre and post hospitalization- Old age brings many health issues, which increase the frequency of visiting the doctor. We cover 30 days before and 60 days after hospitalization expenses.
- Ambulance Cover- You will get the reimbursement for the expenses incurred for availing a domestic road ambulance during an emergency.
- Organ Donor- We respect and encourage this Nobel cause. We cover expenses for organ harvesting operation.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization- Avail of the treatment at the comfort of your home.
- Second Opinion- If you feel uncertain about your current treatment plan, we help you get a second opinion for a specified illness.
- Alternate Treatment- Belief in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha, and Homeopathy)! It will help you to get long-lasting and sustainable treatment.
- Annual Health Check-up- Annual health check-ups add no additional costs. Under this best senior citizen health insurance, you can avail of annual health check-up once in a policy year.
Exclusions under Care for Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policy
Exclusions are the diseases that do not cover under the policy. Read the common exclusions for a senior citizen mediclaim policy:
- Self-Inflicted Injury: Expenses attributable to self-inflicted injury such as suicide, attempted suicide, etc.
- Injuries Due to Consumption of Alcohol: Expenses arising out of or attributable to consumption of a drug or use/misuse/abuse of alcohol/tobacco/gutka or any hallucinating drug.
- Pregnancy Treatment: Treatment arising from or traceable to pregnancy and childbirth, miscarriage, abortion, and its consequences
- Infertility Treatment: Tests and treatments related to infertility and in vitro fertilization cannot be claimed.
- Permanent Exclusions: War, riot, strike, and nuclear weapons induced hospitalization are considered permanent exclusions.
- Cosmetic Surgery: Plastic surgery, cosmetic treatment, and implants are also not covered under an insurance policy.
Why do you need Cover for Senior Citizens?
- The cost of medical treatment in India is always on the rise. Health insurance for senior citizens can ensure that an unfortunate heart disease at old age does not impact your finances and helps you beat medical inflation.
- Avail of the best treatment for your heart diseases without worrying about arranging finances from your savings.
- Covers hospitalization expenses if the hospitalization exceeds 24 hours, and 541 Day Care treatments require hospitalization less than 24 hours.
- Ambulance coverage reduces the impact of miscellaneous costs on older people
- Senior Citizen Health Insurance plan includes annual health check-ups to keep track of your health.
- Coverage for alternative treatment takes into account the latest practices wherein treatments combine multiple disciplines.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
Things that make the Best Health Insurance Plan for Senior Citizens
Increased health risks due to aging and evolving healthcare requirements, together with upward trends of medical inflation, inevitably point towards the need for adequate health insurance cover for senior citizens. Let's understand the things that make it the best senior citizen health insurance in India:
- The best medical insurance for senior citizens is a health cover that offers them comprehensive protection and helps them avail of advanced healthcare facilities.
- Provide affordable coverage for various medical expenses related to age-related illnesses, alternative therapies, surgeries, domiciliary treatment, and expensive daycare procedures. Simply put, it offers financial protection in the golden years of life.
- Aging does not always mean declining health if you get the right medical care and follow a healthy lifestyle. Your elderly parents or grandparents can experience the sheer joy of retirement during the later years of their life, and you can give them the freedom to stay financially secure by choosing a senior citizen health insurance plan.
- You can rest assured that it is easy to get health cover for senior citizens at an affordable premium and maximum coverage.
Tips to Find and Compare Health Insurance for Senior Citizens
Getting a health insurance plan for senior citizens has become effortless as browsing through various policies online is possible. If you haven't yet started, it is not too late even now. Are numerous options available online making you clueless about choosing the right health policy? It is then time to gather some insights as we share them here to streamline your efforts to compare and find the best health insurance for senior citizens.
- Study the Policy Features: Always know your plan's unique features. Health insurance for senior citizens offers protection against various medical treatment expenses, including alternative treatment and various modern daycare treatment procedures.
- High Sum Insured: If medical expenses are increasing, it is only logical that you need a higher sum insured that would lower your dependence on your savings. However, make sure if the policy offers various benefits that should be there in senior citizen health insurance plans. On the whole, affordable coverage is what you need.
- Claim Settlement: While comparing health insurance for senior citizens helps, you would also know how different insurance companies settle insurance claims, which will get you closer to your goal of choosing the best insurer. Opting for an insurer that has a high claim settlement ratio is a logical move.
- Waiting Period: Go through various policies to understand the waiting period applicable for pre-existing illnesses and specified diseases. Almost all senior citizen health insurance plans come with a waiting period, but you can find the best plan with the minimum waiting period.
- Pre-Medical Check-Ups: Some plans do not let you go through the time-consuming process of going through pre-medical check-ups. So, compare health insurance plans and select one where your elderly parents can easily get health cover without a pre-medical check-up.
- Network Hospitals: With the cashless treatment facility, your elderly parents can stay relaxed that they will have access to timely medical care when they need it. Check the network hospitals in your vicinity, and comparing helps you find a better network hospital.
Things to Keep in Mind while Buying a Senior Citizen Health Plan
Purchasing the best health insurance plan for the senior citizen is always a wise decision to avoid uncertainties of medical costs due to sudden illness.
Let's consider the factors which you should keep in mind while buying senior citizen health insurance.
- Affordability: Due to growing age and limited income, it is advisable to buy affordable senior citizen insurance. It helps old parents to afford medical expenses without overburdening their children financially. Care for Senior Citizen is an ideal and affordable plan that helps elderly people to stay healthy without worrying about the additional medical expense.
- Convenience and Ease of Purchase: You or your elderly parents do not need to go anywhere and can buy a policy online with few clicks. Read the features, benefits, coverage, claim process, policy T & C on the website or download the brochure to get every detail about the plan. With us, the process of getting insurance for senior citizens is quick and easy.
- Coverage: It is recommended to opt for the best mediclaim policy for senior citizens with maximum coverage with minimum limitations. Care for Senior Citizen is the right choice for senior citizens as it offers comprehensive coverage for pre and post-hospitalization, daycare treatments, annual health check-ups, second opinion, AYUSH treatments, and many more benefits.
- Co-payment: Copay is the fixed percentage of the claim amount that policyholders have to pay from their pocket for every covered service claim. We have only a 20% co-payment clause on every claim under the senior citizen plan; we will pay the rest. You can pay a premium to opt for a policy without co-payment also.
- Expenses covered: The medical insurance for senior citizens covers different medical expenses, including in-patient hospitalization, pre and post hospitalization, daycare treatments, ICU charges, daily allowance, and many more.
- Waiting Period for Pre-Existing Conditions: It is the time that must elapse before coverage can begin. It depends on the insured's medical history and other related factors; for pre-existing disease, the waiting period is 48 months.
- Sub-limits: It is the limit placed by the insurance company on the health insurance claim. It is usually applicable to services such as room rent, ambulance charges, and certain medical procedures.
- Additional Features: While choosing health insurance plans for parents, you should also check additional features. We offer coverage to alternative treatments, second opinion, etc. The unique annual health check-up feature of the senior citizen mediclaim policy helps your parents monitor their health yearly.
- No Claim Bonus: Care for Senior citizen health insurance offers an option to get upto 150% increase in Sum Insured with No Claim Bonus Super option.
Tax Benefits of Care for Senior Citizens Health Insurance Plan
This Senior Citizen Health Plan assures multiple health benefits and entitles you to avail tax benefit under section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961. You are eligible for an income tax rebate up to Rs. 50,000 if you hold a mediclaim policy for senior citizens for your elderly parents.
Claim Settlement Process of Care for Senior Citizens
In the case of an emergency, intimate our customer support team within 24 hours of hospitalization. If it is a planned hospitalization, then you have to inform us 48 hours before hospitalization. Below are the simple steps to file the claim:
Cashless Hospitalization Claim Process :
- Submit the pre-authorization form and submit it to the hospital insurance desk.
- Our claim management team will send an approval letter
- If required, our claim management team may raise a query
- After the approval, we will settle your bills to the hospital
Reimbursement Claim Process:
- Submit the Health Insurance claim reimbursement form and attach all the required documents along with the form
- Our claim management team may raise a query if required
- Our claim management team will send an approval letter
- Submit a medical certificate issued by the hospital/doctor
- Duly submit the claim form to us
- Submit the discharge form issued by the hospital/doctor
- We will communicate in case of any rejection.