A prominent feature of super top up insurance is that it gives coverage for cumulative hospitalization expenses a policyholder incurs in a policy year, above the deductible limit. Unlike a top-plan, it will cover multiple claims and keep you secured.
How Super Top Up Health Insurance Works?
Enhance - Our Super Top Up Plan is based on the principle of Policy Deductible. That is, you will need to bear a pre-defined amount from your pocket during a medical event. We will bear the rest, up to the sum insured, subject to policy T&C.
Here's an example: Suppose you have chosen
If you opt for a ₹ 6 lac sum insured with deductible of ₹ 2 lacs, then 2lacs will be borne by you and ₹ 6 lac over and above the deductible will be borne by us durning policy Period
Why Should You Get a Super Top up Health Insurance?
- Rising Healthcare Costs: The growing health risks caused due to the increasingly fast-paced lifestyle and soaring healthcare costs are hinting at a rise in overall medical expenses we might incur in a year. Investment in an affordable health insurance policy, such as a super top up policy, will provide you a shield that will keep your savings intact in medical emergencies.
- Helps Boost Your Health Cover: Going for a super top up plan is an affordable way to boost your existing health coverage. It is the best solution to get an increased sum insured for your medical expenses without spending on a high premium.
- Financial Cushion for Medical Emergencies: Not every family in our country thinks that one's savings are enough to bear medical treatment costs. Often, the mediclaim provided by an employer or sometimes, personal health cover too proves inadequate, given the towering scale of expenses. In such a scenario, the additional health coverage by super top up health insurance comes to the rescue.
- Suitable Option for Ageing Parents: As a person ages, the chances of illnesses and hospitalization increase. So, even if you have exhausted your existing health cover, the super top up plan comes into the picture, giving you the financial strength when managing treatment for your old parents.
- Crucial Support for Critical Diseases: Sometimes, expensive medical treatments can bring financial hardships. It is especially valid when there is a critical illness to deal with, and the expenses are too high to afford. So, getting a super top up plan early in life helps in the long run, considering surgeries and treatments would become expensive owing to medical inflation.
- Offers Tax Benefits: Here is an opportunity to grow your savings as you become eligible for an income tax deduction on the premium paid for this policy, as per Section 80D of the Income Tax Act. You can claim a deduction from Rs 25,000 to a maximum of Rs 1,00,000 in a year, depending upon the insured members' entry age.
Who Should Buy Super Top Up Plan?
Ideally, every family should consider investing in a health cover with a high sum insured that is adequate to cover all the medical expenses one might incur, whether during a planned treatment or in an emergency.
Now, instead of paying a higher premium by upgrading your existing health cover, you can go for a super top up plan. Here are individuals or groups who will significantly benefit from this policy:
- Senior Citizens and Elderly Family Members: It can be expensive to go for a health insurance plan after a certain age, as the premium tends to be on the higher side. Consider opting for a super top up plan as it is affordable and gives a high sum insured for any medical necessity your parents or aged family members may face.
- Anyone who Plans to Increase Health Coverage: If you think your existing health plan may not cover your major medical expenses, it is wise to choose a super top up plan to increase your overall health coverage.
- Those who rely on Employer Mediclaim: Your corporate mediclaim policy may become inadequate when there are substantial medical expenses to meet in a year. Choose super top up plans and get the protection you need in any unforeseen hospitalization.
Factors to Consider While Buying A Super Top Up Health Insurance Plan
A super top up insurance plan serves you as a financial back-up if your existing health coverage proves insufficient to meet your immediate medical expenses. To help you pick the best super top up health insurance plans in india, here are quick points you can remember when looking for a policy:
- Sum Insured: Considering the rate of medical inflation, going for a higher sum insured is always the right decision.
- Deductible: The deductible an insured chooses will directly impact the premium cost for the policy. Usually, there is a higher premium for a low deductible option. Similarly, a super top up plan with a high deductible has a more affordable premium cost. So, it is crucial to choose the deductible wisely so that you can comfortably bear the medical expenses with your base health insurance plan – a mediclaim, family floater, or an individual plan.
- Premium: The premium is calculated after considering several factors. Reviewing the super top up plans and their various benefits, and selecting the right deductible option, will help you opt for a policy with an affordable premium.
- Benefits: Go through the policy documents once to understand the inclusions and choose a plan that suits your needs.
- Co-payment: Check the co-payment clause, and select a policy where you or your elderly parent will not have to bear a high amount.
- Cashless Hospitalization: The best feature of a super top up plan is the cashless hospitalization facility. Do check the network hospitals where you can easily avail of cashless medical treatment.
Coverage under Enhance Super Top Up Health Insurance
Some hospital bills can lead to loss of savings. With super top up health insurance, you can now forget about this potential burden. We will cover the expenses towards hospital room charges, nursing expenses, ICU charges, surgeon's fee, doctor's fee, anesthesia, blood, oxygen, and operation theatre charges, subject to policy T&C.
Pre Hospitalization Medical Expenses
Your journey to recovery starts even before you are hospitalized, which slowly adds to your medical bills. With the super top up policy, your medical expenses incurred 30 days prior to hospitalization will be covered.
The time after hospitalization is crucial and demands utmost medical attention. You might incur more medical bills, which could be significant. The super top up policy will cover medical expenses incurred up to 60 days after hospitalization, keeping you financially safe.
Annual Health check-up
To help you keep track of health, we provide the benefit of an annual health check-up you can avail, for yourself and your family under this super top up health insurance plan.
Organ Donor Coverage
When dealing with an ailment, the medical expenses one might incur on an organ donor while undergoing the organ transplant surgery are covered under this super top up plan.
Advanced Medical Treatment
We help you get advanced medical care without any financial worry, as our plan will provide adequate protection and cover for treatment procedures, including robotic surgeries.
How to Buy Super Top Up Health Insurance Plans Online?
You can opt for our super top up plan online in few simple steps:
- Go to the official website of Care Health Insurance and select a health plan
- Enter the required details, including contact number
- Get the quote
- Choose the one that suits your needs
- You can customize your policy by selecting the policy tenure, the sum insured, and add-ons
- Fill in the relevant details, such as your age, occupation, pre-existing diseases, etc
- Submit the documents if required
- You can choose convenient payment modes using any secured payment mode like net banking, debit or credit card, payment wallet, and pay health premium online
You will receive a health insurance policy document on your registered email id. The policy documents will include policy numbers and e-card
Unique features of Enhance Super Top Up Health Insurance
One policy. Covers the entire family.
You now have a choice to go for a 'floater plan' that will cover you and members of your immediate family –that is, spouse, children, or parents - under a single policy, up to the sum insured.
Longer Policy Term
You can avail long term policy discount on buying health insurance for more than 1 year.
Not just your hospital bills, other medical expenditures you may incur during medical treatment, like doctor's consultations, medication, follow-up visits, etc., will be covered under this plan, giving you complete protection from a financial strain.
Cashless Hospitalization Facility
With the facility of cashless hospitalization, you will be no longer worrying about medical bill payments. Get admitted at a network hospital impaneled with us, and you can concentrate only on your recovery; we shall take care of the rest! We will settle your expenses directly with the network hospital, subject to policy T&C.
Direct Insurance Claim Filing
Whether it is a planned medical treatment or emergency hospitalization, just present the Care Health Card at any of our 15500+ leading network hospitals and access the cashless service. To get reimbursement of your expenses when you opt for a non-network hospital, simply notify us immediately about the claim. You can call us directly and submit the specified documents to us. We will process your claim, subject to policy T&C.
Free Look Period
We help you in reviewing your decision about purchasing the policy. If you find it unsuitable for your needs, you can cancel and return it to us. The policy gives you a free-look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy.
Benefits of Enhance Super Top Up Health Insurance
- Flexibility: You can choose the deductible and the best among a wide range of sum insured options max up to 55 lac*.
- Annual health check-up: Avail health check-up for adult insured members under the policy – regardless of claim history.
- Enhance Anywhere: Get select medical treatment anywhere across the world under the benefit- Enhance Anywhere.
- Day Care Treatment: Our policy provides coverage for various modern day care treatments.
- No Sub-limit: The policy does not have a sub-limit on ICU charges, doctor's fee, etc.
- Cashless Hospitalization: Get immediate medical care with the cashless treatment facility at leading network hospitals across the country.
- Tax Savings: The policyholder is eligible for tax benefits as per Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of India 1961.
What is Not Covered under Enhance Super Top Up Health Insurance?
Policyholders can prevent facing a possible hassle when filing a claim by knowing about the exclusions, the things not covered under this policy. Some exclusions are:
- Pre-existing Ailment Before Completing the Waiting Period: The policy will not cover any pre-existing ailment/injury that was diagnosed /acquired within 48 months before the first policy issuance.
- Expenses during the Initial Waiting Period: The policy will not cover diseases contracted during the first 30 days of the policy start date except those medical expenses arising out of accidents.
- Self-inflicted Injury: The policy will not cover any expenses attributable to self-inflicted injury (resulting from attempted suicide or suicide).
- Maternity: The policy will not cover treatment arising from or traceable to pregnancy and childbirth, miscarriage, abortion, and its consequences.
- Infertility: It will not cover medical treatment expenses relating to infertility and in vitro fertilization.
- Non-allopathic Treatment: Expenses related to non-allopathic treatment will not be covered.
- Cosmetic or plastic surgeries: The policy will not cover medical expenses incurred for cosmetic or plastic surgeries.
- Unproven Treatments: Expense related to any unproven treatment, services, or supplies lacking significant medical documentation to support their effectiveness will not be covered.
How to File a Claim under Super Top Up Plan?
For super top up plan we have a simplified claim procedure to help you stay worry-free. You can file a claim in two of the following ways:
- Duly fill the reimbursement claim form.
- Submit the form along with all the required documents to us.
- Our claim management team may raise the query if required.
- Once document verification by the claim management team is done, we will send you an approval letter.
- After approval, we will reimburse the hospitalization expenses, subject to policy T&C.
- Select any of our network hospitals and approach the hospital insurance desk.
- Submit the pre-authorization form, and share the required identify proofs.
- The hospital will send us the documents and the pre-authorization form.
- Our claim management team may raise the query if required.
- After document verification, the hospital will receive an approval letter from our claim management team.
Note: Notify our support team within 24 hours of hospitalization in a medical emergency and before 48 hours in planned hospitalization.