Human Immuno Deficiency Virus (HIV) is a lethal virus that drastically affects the body's immune system. As a result, the body gets infected with several diseases and disorders. HIV care and treatment include antiretroviral therapy (ART), along with medication and regular check-ups. The treatment is complex and has a mountain of expenses. Earlier, considering the high death risk of HIV patients, most health insurance companies exclude HIV treatment from the scope of their policy coverage. However, due to the urge of IRDAI, rising inflation, medical advancement, and increased longevity rate, now positive patients can get the coverage. Let's explore more about health insurance for HIV patients:
What Covered in Health Insurance Plans For HIV Patients?
HIV patients can now live a healthy life. They can afford their treatment with the support of health insurance. Below are the points referring to its coverage:
- Coverage for pre and post hospitalization expenses, in-patient hospitalization, daycare treatment, domiciliary hospitalization, ambulance expenses, and AYUSH treatment
- Provide a cashless claim and annual health check-up facility at network hospitals
- Offers optional covers such as no claim bonus, international second opinion, global coverage, reduction in PED wait period
- Special features are lifelong renewability and recharge of sum insured
- Advance treatment facility within network hospitals in nearby locations
- Tax benefits under Section 80D
Benefits of Health Insurance for HIV Patients
Healthcare technology is upwelling. Advanced treatments have brought a sense of optimism and hope for people who have HIV/AIDS. The right health policy makes it possible for patients to afford their treatment without any financial implications. Read below its exclusive benefits:
- Online Availability
- Affordable and easy premium
- Extensive Coverage
- Quick and Hassel- Free Claim Settlement
- Online Renewal of the Policy
- Immediate treatment in Network Hospitals
- Customer Support 27x7
Confidentiality of Patients
We, at Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance), maintain the utmost privacy of our customers. All the personal details, medical records, data, diagnosis, and information of HIV infected people are kept confidential. Therefore, patients can relax and normally live in society. However, health insurance seekers should know that the coverage under health insurance for hiv patients is subject to policy terms & conditions. For every positive patient, proper care and treatment help reduce the viral load and help them recover better and live a healthy life.
Over to You!
Our most comprehensive health insurance product Care- cater to your health care needs. It not only gives coverage for modern treatments like Robotic Surgery, HIV/AIDS but also covers several critical and chronic illnesses like cancer, kidney failure, heart ailment, and so on. We have 11000+ network hospitals and serve our customers with a 92.3% claim settlement ratio. It is the most adequate health insurance plans gives you a ray of hopes and healthy life.
*Note: Underwriting of claims for HIV disease is subject to policy terms & conditions.