Know what are the Documents Required to have a smooth Claim Process
Most of us feel secure when we buy a health insurance policy as it protects us against an unforeseen event. But, we only value a health insurance policy at the time of making a claim. There can be situations when the claim can be rejected maybe when the health insurance policy has lapsed, in case of non-payment of the insurance premium, and so on.
A health insurance claim is a process in which the policyholder requests the insurer to get the benefits of a health insurance plan in case of medical exigency. This process can be done in either by cashless treatment or reimbursement. There is a procedure to file a claim. If you are well-informed about the health insurance claim process, then it is not at all a hassle. All you need to do is to inform about your hospitalization to customer support team within a specified timeframe along with the required documents.
Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance) has a convenient claim settlement process. The process can be even done online by visiting the official website of our company. We have a vast network of more than 7400+ hospitals where we have successfully settled 93% insurance claims. We offer a simple and quick claim procedure.
In this article, we will tell you what are the documents required for insurance claim if you have a health insurance policy from Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance).
Documents Required for Making Health Insurance Claim
Mentioned below is the list of documents that are required to make the health insurance claim process for reimbursement claim:
- Duly completed original claim form along with your signature
- Valid identity proof
- Doctor’s prescription recommending hospitalization
- Doctor’s prescription advising medicines, diagnostic tests, and consultation
- Original pharmacy bills
- First Information Report(FIR), if applicable
- Policy details that includes the name of the insured, policy number, illness and address
- Indoor case papers
- Ambulance receipt
- Any other document required to assess the claim, in case of any fraud
Other documents required for cashless facility
- Submit the pre-authorization form
- Valid identity proof along with your photograph
- Documents such as voter identity card, PAN card, Aadhar card and driving license
The claim form and the documents should be sent to our claim management team.
The claim process for cashless treatment
You can get a cashless facility at more than 7400 network hospitals across the country. You need to abide by the following steps:
- Find a network hospital where you can avail cashless treatment
- Intimate us within 24 hours in case of emergency hospitalization and 48 hours before in case of planned hospitalization.
- Show your health card at the desk of the hospital
- omplete the pre-authorization form at the hospital
- A query might be raised from the claim management team
The Claim Process for Reimbursement Treatment
In case of an emergency, the policyholders have to bear the medical expenses from own pockets. But, they can file for the reimbursement right after the discharge. This facility is helpful when an individual gets treatment at a non-network hospital.
You need to abide by the following steps:
- Submit the claim form along with all the required document as per the policy terms and conditions
- You need to inform at least 48 hours before hospitalization and within 24 hours in case of an emergency
- A query will be raised from the claim management team
- After verification you get an approval letter
The insured should not delay in making the claim as any delay in the intimation may reject the claim.
Make sure that all the facts are handy in the chronological order and the information provided is correct. Also, keep your policy details and personal details handy with you. All the documents should be handy, as the absence of any document may cause a delay in the claim process.
It is crucial to follow the guidelines mentioned in your health insurance policy to be sure that your money does not go waste.