Considering the skyrocketing medical costs, there is an increase in the post-delivery care. This can be a huge expense to take for expecting parents. Having a maternity cover seems an ideal choice. A maternity cover can be provided as an additional cover with an existing health insurance policy.
A couple can now fulfill their financial responsibilities by taking a smart move. As a parent, a couple needs to plan things for an emergency. Your child needs all attention and care from you. After opting for health insurance plan, a couple has to file for an insurance claim to make the most of the insurance policy. While you shift the focus on your coming baby, a maternity plan covers all the medical expenses from delivery to post-natal expenses.
In this article, you can read how to claim the maternity cover health insurance from Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance).
How to claim the maternity cover?
Before buying a health insurance policy, you should inform about your pregnancy. After getting hospitalized for the delivery, you should raise the claim with the insurer. It is advised to claim at the earliest.
In case of emergency, it is advisable to inform us within 24 hours of hospitalization. While, in case of planned hospitalization, one should inform us 48 hours before hospitalization.
In case of cashless hospitalization, you need to follow certain steps:
• Request for pre-authorization. Complete the pre-authorization form from the TPA desk and send it through fax or email.
• Approval letter sent by the claim management team.
• One can initiate the treatment and file for the reimbursement claim.
In the case of reimbursement, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Submit claim form with other documents according to the insurance policy’s terms and conditions.
• The approval letter is sent by the claim management team.
• If there is any confusion, the insured will respond to the query raised by the claim management team.
What are the Factors to Consider before Buying a Maternity Cover?
Mentioned below are the important things that should be considered while opting a maternity cover in health insurance:
• Coverage:It is advised to check the coverage of the maternity insurance plan. It is should be sufficient to meet all the expenses such as hospitalization, pre and post-hospitalization, doctor's fees, room rent, ambulance expenses, etc.
• Waiting Period: In most cases, policies have a waiting period of 2 to 5 years in which you have to wait for some time before the beginning of the policy to avail the benefits. Therefore, it is suggested to opt for a health insurance plan in advance so that you can avail the benefits when required.
• Requirements: It is advisable to read all the literature attached to the health insurance policy properly. Make sure to analyze all the features, terms and conditions before opting it.
Parenthood is the most precious privilege for both men and women. This responsibility brings moments of both happiness and concern. This is when Joy-Maternity Coverage from Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance) is of great help.
Individuals can get access to the best healthcare facilities in the country as Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance) has more than 7800 hospitals in its network. With convenient claim procedures, families can now get quality medical treatment at the right time.