Every family looks for ways to save money despite the various expenses it has to meet every month. Unforeseen medical expenses, especially during emergency hospitalisation, can severely impact a family’s savings. A health insurance policy works as a protective cover against such expenses. By paying a regular premium, policyholders can get coverage for a specified policy term.
Policyholders should renew their policies on time to ensure that their benefits continue uninterrupted. Policyholders can renew their health insurance online, which is a quick and easy process.
Online Process for Health Insurance Renewal
The online procedure for renewing a health policy is completely hassle-free. The steps are as follows:
Intimation: The policyholder should intimate the customer support team and request health insurance policy renewal within the specified period before the policy expires.
Provide Relevant Details: Policyholders should provide complete details, including the policy number, contact details, if added a new family member under the same policy or if opted for a higher sum insured, etc.
Secure Payment: Pay for health insurance renewal through any digital mode such as credit card, debit card, or net banking. It is safe and secure.
Important Things to Note While Renewing Health Insurance Policy?
Renewing health insurance is no more a daunting task But, below are some important things to note while you renew health insurance online:
- The policy will automatically terminate on the policy period end date. All renewal applications should reach us on/or before the policy period end date.
- It is essential to keep track of the date when the policy expires. Notifications are sent to the policyholders, reminding them about policy renewal.
- If the policyholder fails to renew the policy with the specified time, they have another chance in the form of a grace period. Usually, this period is for 15 days, within which the insured must pay the renewal premium cost.
- When opting to renew health insurance online, policyholders can switch to another insurer if they prefer to. They should inform the existing insurer about the same within the stated period.
- Claims made between the policy's expiry date and renewal date may not be considered. Hence, renewing the policy before it expires is recommended.
- When planning to renew the health policy, it is advisable to re-evaluate one's insurance needs. Given the steady rise in healthcare costs, opting for a higher sum insured is a wise decision.
- When opting for policy renewal, check the policy terms and conditions. As per the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), any change in the policy benefits or premium can be effectuated only with the insurance regulator's approval and must be informed to the insurer a minimum of three months before the renewal.
- No loading based on individual claim experience shall be applicable on renewal premium payable.
- Health insurance renewal cannot refuse except on the grounds of fraud, moral hazard, or misrepresentation or non-co-operation.
Benefits of Online Health Insurance Renewal
With timely policy renewal, policyholders can enjoy several benefits. Some significant benefits are listed below:
- A policyholder can get the policy renewed in just a few clicks and continue to enjoy benefits such as no claim bonus, cover for a pre-existing ailment, etc.
- Health insurance renewability is lifelong. Policyholders do not require to buy a new policy after completing the policy duration. They can renew the same year after year.
- Policyholders get the option to port their current policy into any of the other individual health insurance products, and credit shall be given for the number of years of continuous coverage under the policy for the standard waiting period.
The policy renewal gap can hinder policyholders from availing of the policy benefits. Therefore, it is essential to stay alert on due dates and do timely health insurance renewals. Care- the most comprehensive health insurance policy comes with a wide range of coverage and easy online health insurance renewal. So, opt for it now and enjoy hassle-free lifelong renewability.
Disclaimer: Please read the brochure and prospectus to know more about our health insurance plans cover as conditions may vary.