Women, particularly in India, have come a long way! Indian women are studying, working and making the country proud in every sphere of life because they have equal access to quality education and employment. There are enormous efforts made by women to maintain a healthy work-life balance. To stay afloat, they frequently make unhealthy lifestyle choices that harm their physical and mental health. The truth is that only a few women place a high value on health, but most of them are preoccupied with balancing work and family obligations.
Indian women's most significant risk factors necessitate purchasing insurance.
- In urban India, three out of every five women are at risk of cardiovascular disease, according to a study of 51.7 thousand women (CVD). Women between the ages of 35 and 44 are at an increased risk of cardiovascular disease as housewives or working professionals. Over 35, 69% of Indian homemakers and 67% of working professionals are at risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD).*
Refer to the research for more details on the stats.
- The reproductive health of Indian women has been harmed by a lack of nutrition, sex education, deteriorating rural health care infrastructure, sanitation and transportation and a lack of government efforts in the medical sector. Pregnancy-related complications claim the lives of almost 1,36,000 Indian women each year.
- According to the World Health Organization, Indians are one of the world's most depressed people. Women are more prone to depression than men, which indirectly contributes to health issues and even increases suicidal tendencies. Women are far more likely than men to suffer from anxiety or depression.
- Breast cancer is likely to affect one in every twenty-eight Indian women at some point in her life. According to a recent media report, 48% of women diagnosed with breast cancer are pre-menopausal. In addition, 1 lakh new cases of cervical cancer are detected in India each year.
- Why is it important for women to have health insurance?
Women should be adequately covered by an appropriate health insurance plan early in their lives. They are predisposed to certain illnesses and diseases, so they must have health insurance covering their gender-specific health issues. As a woman, you have specific financial and medical needs at every stage of your life that may or may not be covered by a standard health insurance plan. Choosing a health insurance for women that is customised to your needs will cover the expense of advanced treatment methods. CHIL's Maternity Insurance Plan is a specially designed health insurance with maternity coverage for expecting mothers and their new born.
Here are some of the reasons why women's health insurance is essential for their specific coverage requirements:
- Certain diseases, such as breast cancer and uterus cancer, happens only to women. When one of these diseases strikes, medical bills can run into a hefty amount. Women without health insurance may have trouble affording treatment costs. Thus women need to have health insurance that covers these specific ailments.
- Women can claim the premiums they pay for their health insurance policy from their taxes. A taxpayer can claim a tax deduction for medical insurance premiums paid for himself, his spouse, dependent parents and dependent children under Section 80D. As a result, this assists women in lowering their taxable income and tax liability.
- Even though women have the blessing of producing children, the price of being a mother is high. In addition, if complications arise during childbirth, more medical costs may be incurred. It is advised to have women's health insurance policies with specific maternity benefits to cover these costs.
- Typically, because women outlive men, insurance policies are designed to address these concerns while encouraging more women to invest in Individual Health Insurance Plans. Women in general benefit from lower premiums and discounts up to a specific age limit.
- Because of the severity and rapidity with which these diseases spread, women must take charge of their health and invest in it regularly. Most rapidly spreading diseases result from an unhealthy lifestyle, but they can be corrected with minimal care and precautions. Women can benefit significantly from a conscious effort to adopt a healthy lifestyle and an independent health policy in the long run. That is why you must choose health insurance for women that is tailored specifically to your needs. You can select CHIL's Care For 45+ for hassle-free cashless and reimbursement facility that ensures timely claim settlements.
>> Also Read: Which is Better Between Individual and Family Health Insurance Plans?
Disclaimer: The above information is for reference purposes only. Policy Assurance and Claims at underwriter's discretion.