Given the pace at which the infectious coronavirus disease (Covid-19) is spreading, people across India are being asked to stay indoors. Quarantining is the best way to stop contagious diseases from spreading. The outbreak of this disease is a reminder that how a health emergency can occur in an unpredictable way.
To meet the expenses arising due to hospitalization, every family should have a financial back-up in the form of a family health insurance policy. This is of utmost importance as healthcare costs are quite high.
For the common people, life in quarantine would mean a complete disruption of their daily routine. Family outings become a distant dream suddenly. Restricted movements can test one’s patience level. Therefore, it is important to ensure that stress does not get the better of one’s health and safety.
Here are some useful tips for your mental and physical health during the Quarantine period:
Tips for Mental Health During Quarantine Period
- Maintain a Routine: It is important to keep yourself busy. So, plan a schedule and adhere to it that will help you stay motivated. If you are working from home, choose a space in the house for yourself and create an environment that will help you concentrate and work without distractions.
- Meditation and Yoga: Do not let fears or stress affect your mental health. Practice mediation and yoga that are essential when it comes to dealing with anxiety, anger, sleep disturbance, and depression.
- Pick up a New Hobby: There are many ways you can keep yourself engaged. You can do that by reading a book, solving puzzles or learning a new recipe.
- Stay Virtually Connected: Look at this quarantine period as a time to bond with family and catch up on things you could not do owing to lack of time. Phone calls and video chats are options you can use to stay connected with your family and friends. This would greatly help in giving you the much-needed emotional support during such challenging times.
Tips for Physical Health During Quarantine Period
- Minimize Contact: If you are feeling sick, make sure you and other members wear masks. Maintain a distance of at least one meter from other members of your family. Avoid entry of visitors from outside your house. If there are elderly members, children and pregnant women in the family, make sure that they isolate themselves in separate rooms and are given proper care.
- Ensure Hygiene: Wash hands regularly with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. When coughing or sneezing, remember to cover your mouth with tissues or bend of the elbow. Clean surfaces like kitchen countertops, door handles, tray-tables, handrails, etc. regularly.
- Set an Exercise Routine: As evening walks at the park or going to the gymnasium is not possible, try doing some indoor exercises. Find out about the various exercises that can be done without any equipment. Exercising helps in keeping the immune system healthy.
- Healthy Foods: Consume food items that will help in boosting your immune system. Make sure your diet is rich in Vitamin A, C & E, Minerals, antioxidants and fibers. Include fermented foods, yogurt and spices like turmeric and garlic to boost immunity.
Stay financially strong by choosing coronavirus insurance plans. Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance) offers ‘Care’ which is a comprehensive health cover for your family with benefits including cover for treatment of coronavirus disease.