You are constantly running in a competitive race of life. You are young, energetic, earning a good salary, and enjoying life. But life is full of uncertainties that can knock at your door anytime. The constant increase in pollution, unhealthy food habits, and sedentary lifestyles invite many serious diseases.
So, have you ever thought about how you would face these life challenges? What will happen to your family when you have no fixed income?
Better to be prepared than panic while facing these odd situations—by choosing the right family health insurance for you and your family. Read in this blog about what is family health insurance and how you can choose the right one to secure your loved ones.
What is Family Health Insurance?
It is a health insurance policy that protects your family by covering medical treatment expenses during an emergency. Under this policy, the insurance company reimburses the costs incurred for hospitalisation, treatment, surgery, organ donor, etc. You can take a family plan for yourself, your spouse, dependent parents, children, and other family members like a brother, sister, sister-in-law, nephew, or niece.
Why do You Need Family Health Insurance?
Having family health insurance is very important due to the increasing costs of medical treatment, epidemics like corona, and widespread lifestyle diseases. Medical emergencies can wipe out your entire life savings. Without a family floater in place, your family can suffer huge financial losses while going through great emotional turmoil. Below are other reasons why family health insurance has become a necessity today:
- Family floater health insurance is a smart way to safeguard your savings during a medical emergency.
- It helps you avoid huge medical bills due to rising medical inflation.
- In case of a medical emergency, the sum assured in your corporate health plan would be insufficient to cover you or your dependents.
- Helpful in accessing quality health services.
- The facility of cashless hospitalisation takes off the financial burden from your pocket.
- It protects your family during the pandemic by covering hospitalisation and treatment expenses for coronavirus.
- As per Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, you can get tax benefits on a health insurance premium.
>>Also Read: Why is Health Insurance Important for Senior Citizens?
Features of Health Insurance Plans for Family
A health insurance family plan protects you against various expenses incurred during hospitalisation. It includes these key features and benefits:
- Simple Online Facility: You can get online family coverage within a few minutes by visiting the insurance company's website. You can pay the premium through a digital payment mode. Not only this, but you can also check the claim status online whenever required.
- Affordable Premium Rates: With a small and young family, you can get a family cover at affordable rates. Also, a common family health plan simplifies premium payment by eliminating the need to maintain and pay for a separate insurance policy for every family member.
- Hospitalisation Cover: For any planned or emergency treatment, the policy covers your hospitalisation expenses like room rent, doctor's consultation fee, ICU charges, etc., so that you can avail of quality healthcare service.
- Pre and Post-hospitalization Cover: When you go through a major illness, there are various additional expenses other than hospitalisation, which can cost you an arm and a leg. This policy covers medical expenses for 30 days before and 60 days after hospitalisation- helping you save more during prolonged ailments.
- Coronavirus Treatment Cover: A health insurance plan for your family provides coronavirus treatment coverage for all family members. It helps you brave the pandemic with complete financial and healthcare support.
- No Claims Bonus: The family floater policy offers an increased sum insured (or Sum Assured) if you are healthy and do not file a claim for the entire year.
- Inclusion of Additional Members: You can add new members, including your spouse, children, and parents, at the time of renewing your family floater plan. This way, you will not have to buy new policies again and again.
- Policy Discount: While buying online, you can avail of special policy discounts on premium. This offer is available for the policy with multiple years as well. This way, you can save more while promising long-term healthcare security to your entire family.
- Tax Benefits: You will be happy to know that the premium paid for family health insurance is subject to tax exemption under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961 of India. This allows you to save both your health and money during difficult times.
- Easy Payment and Smooth Claim Settlement: While buying family health insurance online, you have the option of easy payment through our online portal. Also, with Care Health Insurance, you get the advantage of our vast network of cashless hospitals where the medical bills are to be paid directly by the insurer to the hospital authority. If you land at a hospital not empanelled with us, you can always file for a reimbursement facility after discharge.
With Care Health Insurance, your health and financial security are guaranteed. You can rely on us to safeguard your entire family when a medical emergency arises. Please check the policy documents carefully to verify our family's health insurance coverage and benefits.
>> Also Read Why to Choose Health Insurance to Manage Dialysis Cost