While Indians have been struggling with many health issues, a health issue that has been widespread in the country is diabetes. The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) states that nearly 77 million people in India are affected by diabetes. According to the reports, India has the second-highest number of diabetes cases in the world. The worst part is that majority of the Indians consider this ailment with genetic susceptibility. However, they fail to realise that gradually it has become a severe lifestyle disease. According to the Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology, it has been predicted that by 2030 there would be nearly 98 million people who will be affected by diabetes. With this, everyone needs to have a diabetes health insurance plan to secure their finances. Mentioned below are some of the reasons that will make you agree with this thought:
- In India, 1 in 6 people have diabetes. The treatment costs for diabetes is very expensive. As per the Internatioal Diabetes Federation (IDF), there is 10% of worldwide health expenditure on diabetes. The treatment of this medical condition is going to increase in the future. Thus, getting a diabetes health insurance plan is a necessity to manage your healthcare expenses without compromising on the quality of the treatment.
- Earlier people in the age group of 50-55 were susceptible to develop diabetes. However, at present, because of an inactive lifestyle and other factors, young people are also affected by this ailment. This is why opting for a health cover after diagnosis of this ailment is not sensible. Hence, it is advisable to opt for a diabetes health insurance plan at the earliest.
- Diabetes is a chronic illness that needs regular medical attention. It cannot be cured; this is why diabetics are advised to take medicines and proper diet. Not only this, type II diabetes can also lead to other health issues such as heart disorder, kidney ailments, etc. Hence, it is important to buy a health policy.
- Various health insurance policies have a long waiting period for illnesses like diabetes and high blood pressure. It is better to examine your family history and opt for health insurance early.
- A situation may occur in which a person with diabetes may have to get hospitalised. A diabetes health insurance plan provides complete cover for various expenses. With the help of Care Freedom by Care Health Insurance (Formerly known as Religare Health Insurance), you can get quality treatment without thinking of the expenses. In this health cover, the other pre-existing illnesses that are covered are hypertension and obesity.
- Moreover, the disease-specific health plans are comparatively affordable.
The majority of people think that health insurance policies are only for critical ailments like cancer. However, owing to the increasing lifestyle disease, having a disease-specific is becoming crucial. In today’s time, it is vital to have an adequate health cover that helps in getting access to various treatments for treating diabetes. Another significant reason to have a diabetes health insurance plan is to prevent you from paying high medical bills. In such a situation, having a disease-specific health cover with a higher sum insured is sufficient to meet your hospitalisation expenses. You can rely on Care Health Insurance for your healthcare needs as it offers the best health insurance policies. For any other information, you can visit the company’s official website. We are always there for your help.