Teeth are the most noticeable asset of the body. Good oral hygiene and dental care can take them a long way ahead. But, in the early days of the corona outbreak, most dentistries were temporarily closed due to the high risk. It was so because oral hygiene care practitioners have to inspect the patient's mouth; thus, tiny droplets and aerosols containing the virus can transmit from an infected patient or vice versa. But now, as dental clinics reopened, people are still confused. They can't ignore their dental problems but have a fear of going for dental healthcare. Let's check out how safe it is to visit dentistry during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Safety Precautions for Patients
As a patient, you should take the below precautions while visiting dentistry during a pandemic for dental health:
- Take the online appointment so that you do not need to wait for along time.
- Use digital modes such as payment wallets, online banking, or net banking for payment. Do not exchange cash in the clinic.
- Carry sanitizer, wear mask and gloves while entering in the dentistry
- Do not touch any objects like newspapers, magazines, water purifiers, etc.
- Maintain six feet distance at the reception and follow the protocols for social distancing.
- Ask the doctor's prescription over the mail instead of taking a hard copy.
- Safety Precautions in Dentistry
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare issued the following guidelines for dental clinics to curtail the spread of the novel coronavirus and maintain good healthcare:
- Disinfecting the dental health clinic daily is compulsory
- Use of PPEs while performing dental surgeries
- Wear eye protection shield in addition to their facemask to ensure the eyes, nose, and mouth are fully covered and protected from exposure to respiratory secretions during the patient's examination.
- No magazines, newspapers, leaflets, and readable stuff should be kept in the waiting rooms.
- Arrangement for the sitting area according to the social distancing norms and only one attendant is allowed with the patient to avoid crowding in the dentistry.
- Encouraging online appointments and asking patients to come according to their appointment schedule to avoid waiting and queue.
- Sterilization and sanitization of all the dental equipment is a must for maintaining oral hygiene. Using use and throw stuff for dental procedures.
- Temperature and pulse check, masks, and face shields are mandatory for all the staff members, including dentists.
- Dentists are switching to manual tools for procedures such as teeth cleanings, instead of other instruments that create more of that spray.
- Dentists should wear the N95 respirator that offers an equivalent or higher level of protection during aerosol-generating procedures.
>>Click here to know which mask is better?
Therefore, you can feel relatively at ease going to dentistry, as long as you and the dentists follow the guidelines. However, these safety measures making dental healthcare as out of pocket expense for many. Thankfully, we offer Care-the most comprehensive family health policy that covers several dental procedures under daycare treatment. You do not need to admit to the hospital for the whole day. We will bear your medication and treatment costs subject to policy terms and conditions. So, grab it now and keep yours and your family's smile intact forever.
Disclaimer: The information given in this article is only for reference purposes. Underwriting of claims for Dental Treatments is subject to policy terms and conditions.