Healthy Menu for a Healthy Liver
It’s undeniable that health and diet go hand in hand. Your food choice is one of the factors that ward off many chronic liver ailments. Eating habits make a huge impact on how you feel today and what the future holds for you in terms of good health. Liver diseases can be prevented by practicing good lifestyle and eating. Therefore, the right diet is crucial to fight with liver diseases.
Healthy Diet Tips for Healthy liver
Check out below healthy diet tips that prevent liver problems and share them with your loved ones.
Go for Your Favourite Fruits: An apple a day keeps a doctor away. It is true! Fruits are the staple of a healthy diet. They have lots of antioxidants, calcium, minerals, and vitamins. You can add fruit salads and fresh fruit juices in your daily food. Guava, banana, papaya, pineapple, and orange are the fruits that you can opt for.
Eat Leafy Veggies: Make your food plate colorful with vivacious leafy veggies such as spinach, broccoli, tomato, bell peppers, carrots, garlic, and Bok Choy. They help you to stay low on calories and high on vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Take Dairy Products: Dairy products such as milk, cheese, buttermilk, and soy are rich in calcium and Vitamin D that is necessary for the liver's health. It’s good to have a dairy product at least once in your daily meals.
Increase Fibre: Fibre keeps your tummy full and lowers your blood cholesterol. Increase the intake of fiber-rich food such as whole grains, oats, nuts, berries, and beans.
Smoking, Alcohol, and Tobacco are Big No: These products increase the chances of liver cancer and damage it immensely. So, say no to all of them, if you want to keep your liver healthy.
Reduce Sodium Intake: You should also reduce your sodium intake. According to the experts, you should take 2.3 grams of salt in a day to stay healthy.
Health Tips for Healthy Liver
A balanced diet for sure prevents liver ailments, but to keep your liver works well, you should follow some healthy tips as well. Read below what they are:
- Make 15 minutes of exercise as a part of your daily routine
- Use stairs instead of elevators
- Walk more and sit less
- Read nutrition labels to know your calories intake
- Switch to brown such as brown bread, whole-wheat pasta, brown rice, multigrain pizza base, and sub instead of white products.
- Go to a doctor for regular check-ups
- Also, opt for a comprehensive medical insurance policy like Care offered by Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance). It is health insurance that covers your expenses for the treatment of liver ailments and supports you financially.
>>Check: Medical Insurance
Healthy Diet Plan for a Healthy Liver
With the consultation of health experts, we have a healthy liver-diet that helps your liver to function smoothly.
- Morning: A cup of green tea with few soaked almonds.
- Breakfast: A cup of oats with half a cup of low-fat milk with nuts and berries.
- Bruch: Favourite fruit with a glass of lime or coconut water or green tea.
- Lunch: Two-three multi-grain chapattis, a bowl of pulses, veggies, yogurt, and salad.
- Evening Snacks: A cup of green tea or black coffee with a multigrain sandwich.
- Dinner: Salads or stew, soups, grilled salmon, or a bowl of steamed green beans.
>>Check: Mediclaim Policy
A healthy diet can be a challenge in the starting, but the more you make it a daily routine, it will be easier for you. Hence, counting your calories, eating right, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and sound health insurance helps you to stay fight with liver problems and prevent them in near future, after all, it’s all about your loving liver.