Staying physically active is crucial not just for adults but even for young children. Encouraging physical activity in children is not such a daunting task, though. Usually, every child tends to be quite active by running, jumping around, and playing.
However, growing kids need regular exercise along with a nutritious diet and a healthy sleep pattern for their overall development. Yoga is one of the best forms of exercise for all age groups. Yoga for kids is an ideal way to keep them fit and boosts their flexibility.
Yoga, an ancient practice, helps in achieving a healthy body and mind. It offers numerous therapeutic benefits and also boosts mental health. Hence, parents should realise the importance of yoga for kids. Children are quick to observe and learn. So, there are various yoga poses which they can do easily.
Easy Yoga Poses for Kids
Nowadays, online education and video games have made kids dependent on technology. Thus, they do not have time for outdoor play and it can result in various health problems like obesity. It, therefore, highlights the importance of yoga in children. To compensate for the lack of outdoor activities, children can practice yoga indoors.
We mention some easy yoga for kids poses below:
- Bridge Pose or Setu Bandha Sarvangasana: A backbend pose, it is a helpful exercise for giving the spine and thighs a good stretch.
- Cat Pose or Marjaryasana: This yoga pose, aimed at relaxing the spine and torso, is achieved by placing oneself in a table-top position and arching the upper back.
- Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana: Lifting the body in this asana helps strengthen the back muscles and abdomen.
- Tree Pose or Vrksasana: This pose involves standing on one leg and maintaining balance. It aids in improving one’s balance and concentration while making strengthening thigh muscles.
- Bow Pose or Dhanurasana: Bending the back in the form of a bow aids in enhancing the body’s flexibility by giving a good stretch for the chest and back.
Fitness Promotes Healthy Growth in Children
Mentioned above are simple and safe yoga asanas for children. It is advisable that your child practises these yoga poses under your supervision. You can practice yoga with your kids together as a family, and make the activity more fun. Yoga for kids benefits them by improving coordination, posture, flexibility, and balance while giving strength to their bones and muscles. In short, it helps their overall development. Studies have proven that physical activity boosts their nerve cells and brain functions.
At least one hour of moderate exercises or yoga for children will have tremendous positive effects on your child’s health. Maintaining good health is vital that would help us in achieving our life goals. Encourage the importance of yoga in children and make sure you create a safe environment for their overall well-being. Secure your child’s health by opting for a health insurance policy. Visit the website of Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance) and choose the best family floater plan that has a wide range of sum insured options.