How does Health Insurance for Diabetes Work?
The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. We cannot predict our lives' uncertainties, but the only thing we humans can do is, stay firm and fight back. As World Diabetes Day is approaching, it reminds us that life is not a promise that every moment should be cherished, but it is also not the end. Changing lifestyle, eating habits, work pressure, and more are taking a toll on our health. They are giving rise to chronic diseases like diabetes, which is impacting us physically and financially. It is also known as the silent killer that increases the chances of hospitalization. The cost of hospitalization, treatments, and medication are skyrocketing and can swallow all your savings.
A comprehensive health insurance plan for diabetes is a better way to stay protected. We'll take you to all that you should know about Health Insurance for Diabetes.
Diabetes Health Insurance and its Eligibility
It is a specialized insurance plan that provides coverage for the expenses incurred during the treatment of diabetes. The minimum entry age is 18 years for adults and 91 days for a child (floater). Moreover, the maximum entry age is lifelong for adults and 24 years for a child to buy our diabetes health insurance. It also has an initial waiting period of 30 days, and for pre-existing disease, it is 24 months. You can opt for it online at a lower premium.
Benefits of Diabetes Health Insurance
Diabetes is a chronic disease that affects the pancreas and other parts of the body, such as the eyes, kidneys, liver, and heart. Thus, it's better to treat it well and take proper medication before it turns worst. Read how diabetes health insurance is beneficial:
- Adequate sum insured
- Cover pre and post hospitalization expenses
- Cover for pre-existing disease and domiciliary hospitalization
- COVID-19 coverage for treatment and quarantine expenses
- Offer coverage for COVID-19 as well, including treatment and quarantine expenses
- Provide dialysis cover, consumable allowance, and companion benefits
- Covers the expenses related to room, nursing, doctors' fees, and ambulance
- Cashless treatment with the network hospitals near to your residence
- Add-on benefits such as home care, health check+, and care shield
- Provide coverage for daycare treatments
- Annual health check-up
- Tax benefit under section 80D
Reasons to Choose Health Insurance for Diabetes
Diabetes management requires on-going medication and doctor's consultation, which increases the financial stress. Thus, our diabetes health insurance is helpful. Below are some crucial reasons why you should choose it:
- Hassle-free cashless hospitalization at 8350+ network hospitals across India
- Extensive coverage for diabetes, hypertension, and thyroid
- Coronavirus treatment cover
- No pre-policy medical check-up
- Reduces the financial burden
- Lifelong renewability
- Affordable premium
- Online availability
- Quick customer support
How to Choose the Right Health Insurance for Diabetes?
If you want to buy a health insurance cover for your family member or parents for diabetes, then you should consider the following things:
- Check whether it covers the cost of a doctor's consultation; it will be easier for you to consult with the best doctor.
- Make sure that it offers a cashless hospitalization facility
- The diabetes health plan should also cover on-going medical expenses
- Check the list of the network hospitals
- Compare the premium of different health insurance plans by using our premium calculators online
- Opt for the plan that offers a minimum waiting period
- Check the terms and conditions properly for pre-existing disease and co-payment
>>Click to know about Cashless Hospitalization
Therefore, people living with high blood sugar know that this disease interferes with their daily lives. But, coverage for your medical bills, best doctors' consultation, and cut down on prescription costs can be overwhelming. Care Health Insurance offers Care Freedom- health insurance for diabetes. It helps you get the best healthcare facilities across 15500+ cashless healthcare providers and saves you from unnecessary medical debt. So, be positive, be insured, and do not let diabetes stand in the way of enjoying your life.