Amid lockdown, online food and grocery deliveries become the lifelines for many. However, we are about to enter the unlock 5.0 phase but still prefer ordering online to avoid stepping outside the homes. But, online delivery does not ensure complete healthcare protection against the spread of the virus. Nonetheless, you can limit your coronavirus exposure. From hand hygiene to discarding, all things matter.
Wellness Tips After Receiving Online Delivery
Here are some essential wellness tips that you should follow when you received home delivery.
- You should prefer contactless delivery. Many apps provide this facility, the delivery boy keeps your packets at your door and ring the doorbell. In this way, you do not need to get into the touch or contact with the delivery boy.
- Keep a table or a box outside the door so that the delivery boy can put your stuff on it to avoid the floor touch.
- Wear gloves before touching the online delivered stuff, even if it's contactless, and then keep it in the balcony. During the daytime, you can also keep it in the sun.
- Use sanitizer spray or disinfectants to sanitize the products. Wash all the veggies and fruits in lukewarm water and keep the prepared food out of the box.
- Empty the milk packets immediately and boil the milk; once it cools down, then you should keep it in the fridge.
- Do not keep the eggs and raw meat instantly. Eggs tray, you can keep in your kitchen shaft or on the balcony and wash the raw meat in lukewarm water.
- For wearables, you can keep the packet in the sun for a day and sanitize before you open it. Try it, only if you are not sure about the size. If you find the right fit, wash it immediately.
- Non-perishable objects such as home appliances, cleaning tools, gadgets, furniture, etc. can easily sanitize. But, do not keep their boxes in the house.
- Discard the delivery package, boxes, and paper bags in a covered dustbin as the virus can survive for up to 24 hours on cardboards and three days on plastic.
- Wash your hands vigorously with liquid hand wash and sanitize soon after. Hand-hygiene is crucial whenever you touch anything that comes from outside, regardless if it is a contactless delivery. Do not touch your eyes and mouth for an hour.
Therefore, ordering groceries online saves your time, and the above wellness tips reduce your chances of getting infected. Plus, you can save lots of money by applying coupons, first buy discounts, cashback, etc. One more thing you can get online and hassle-free, i.e., health insurance. CHI (formerly RHI) offers- contactless and paperless Corona Kavach Health Insurance. You need to go to our official website, fill the quote, and get your customized plan in few seconds. You can also make the secured payment online. It gives you coverage against coronavirus treatment and provides you a financial cushion during the COVID-19 pandemic. So, opt for it now and stay safe.