Dengue is a viral disease impact public health in India, especially during monsoon. It transmitted by bites from infected Aedes spp. Mosquitos. It causes a wide range of health problems, including asymptomatic infection, dengue fever (DF), and dengue hemorrhagic fever/dengue shock syndrome (DHF/DSS), etc. There is no licensed vaccine or specific antiviral therapy available for dengue treatment, but supplement medicines are beneficial. The early detection of disease helps treat dengue. Therefore, it is always better to take dengue prevention. Here are some essential monsoon health tips that help you to keep a bay from this disease:
The symptoms of Dengue, Malaria, and Chikungunya are almost common. Infected people may experience:
- High fever
- Body aches
If you notice any of these symptoms, consult a doctor immediately, and follow these monsoon health tips:
- Use mosquito nets, coils and sprays to keep them away from your house
- Keep on changing the water used in coolers, planters, storage, and pets' bowls
- Do not allow water to collect anywhere in or near to your house
- Repair moisture on the walls
- Use mosquito repellants and creams
- Never drench in the rain and play in the rainwater
- Maintain hygiene and wash your bathrooms regularly
- Use boiled water to wash fruits and vegetables before consumption
- Keep your foods covered in the kitchen
- Avoid eating outside food
- Halt online home delivery of food
- Ensure personal and environmental hygiene
- Carry hand sanitizer and breathing mask
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds after every hour and before you eat
- Make a complaint about open drainage or potholes in your area
- Get your children vaccinated
- Always cover your mouth and nose during sneezing or coughing
- Try to drink warm water every few hours
- Opt for the best health insurance policy
How is Health Insurance Helpful?
Dengue can be fatal if not treated immediately. Treatment can cause an unexpected financial blunder for you. So, to stay safe during monsoon, invest in the right medical insurance policy. Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance) offers you Care- best medical insurance policy. Read below its significant benefits:
- Extensive coverage against communicable and non-communicable diseases
- Coverage for advance treatment and cover AYUSH treatment as well
- Immediate cashless hospitalization during a medical emergency
- Adequate sum insured at an affordable premium
- Add-ons benefits like no claim bonus, global coverage, international second opinion, reduction in PED wait period, etc.
- Ambulance cover, organ donor cover, and coverage for domiciliary hospitalization
- Cover number of daycare procedures
- Avail tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act of India 1961
>>Also Read Why Health Insurance is Vital During Monsoon
Therefore, early diagnosis and immediate treatment help you to combat dengue. These dengue prevention tips and the best health insurance policy can keep you safe from deadly mosquito bites.
So, opt for it now to stay safe during monsoon.
*Note: Underwriting of claims for vector-borne diseases is subject to policy terms & conditions. Please read the sales prospectus for more details.