Thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland located at the front of your neck. It produces and stores hormones that affect the function of every part of your body. The main job of the thyroid is to convert iodine to the thyroid hormones called thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). These hormones help regulate your body's metabolic rate. If your thyroid works, normally, it keeps your weight control and increases energy levels. However, if it is not functioning normally, then it a matter of concern. It requires diagnosis and long term medication with the best health insurance for thyroid problems. So, your thyroid treatment does not overburden your pocket, and you can recover well. There are two common thyroid conditions:
- Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) - It occurs when your thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone to regulate your metabolism correctly. It slows down your body's chemical processes and metabolism. It is also known as myxedema or low thyroid or underactive thyroid, or slow thyroid. Women are more prone to have such thyroid than men. Generally, people older than 50 have this problem. Symptoms of hypothyroidism are:
- Cold intolerance
- Decreased memory and concentration
- Fatigue and lack of energy
- Weight gain
Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)- This type of thyroid occurs when the thyroid gland produces too much thyroid hormone, which results in a quickening of the body's chemical processes and metabolism. It is also more common in women than in men. Early diagnosis and treatment of hyperthyroidism can cure it. Symptoms of hyperthyroidism are:
- Increased appetite
- Increased heart rate (tachycardia)
- Hypertension (Nervousness)
The thyroid can lead to severe and life-threatening complications. However, with regular medical care and treatment, you can live an active and healthy life. Let's understand how health insurance can help?
Health Insurance for Thyroid Problems
Increasing medical inflation and medication costs for diseases like thyroid can derail your life and finance. Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance) offers Care Freedom comprehensive health insurance that acts as your safeguard during medical emergencies. It is also an ideal health policy for diabetes and hypertension. Read below its benefits:
- Coverage for pre and post hospitalization expenses, in-patient hospitalization, daycare treatment, domiciliary hospitalization, ambulance expenses, etc.
- Provide a cashless hospitalization facility at network hospitals.
- Offers optional covers for regular consultation with a network service provider, homecare, annual health check-up
- Special features are lifelong renewability, no pre-policy medical check-up, and recharge of sum insured
- Advance treatment facility within network hospitals in nearby locations
- Tax benefits under Section 80D
- Available online in just a few clicks
- Affordable premium
*Note: Underwriting of claims is subject to the patient's current reports and policy terms & conditions.
So, if you find symptoms of any of the thyroids, do not get anxious. Consult with your doctor and start your treatment the earliest. Our health policy is of great support. It is the best health insurance with maximum coverage and cashless hospitalization in 7800+ network hospitals. You can get the best treatment for your health problems.