Coronavirus pandemic is an eye-opener for everybody. Health insurance gained eminence importance during this outbreak. People realized its value and looking for the most suitable health insurance plan. Therefore, intending to eliminate the state of ambiguity and ensure healthcare facilities to all IRDAI has recently introduced the Arogya Sanjeevani Policy. It is a new wave of hopes for the people who want to protect themselves and their families but have lots of other financial responsibilities.
What is Arogya Sanjeevani Health Policy?
It is the standard health insurance that provides coverage during medical emergencies. Like other health policies, it covers your hospitalization expenses and treatment costs up to the Sum Insured. The claim process, inclusions, exclusions, terms, and conditions of the policy may differ. Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance premium is also affordable. So, if you think whether Arogya Sanjeevani Health Policy is enough for your health care needs? Here you can read its benefits and limitations to make your decision:
Benefits of Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance reduces this state of dilemma and gives you a clear picture of basic health coverage. Take a look at what it has stored for you:
- Standardized health cover to caters to your maximum health care needs when you have limited means of finance
- Extensive coverage for hospitalization, AYUSH treatment, cataract treatment, pre and post hospitalization consultation, surgeon fees, ICU charges, and modern treatment methods
- Premium is affordable for the first-time buyer or the best health insurance policy for people who have limited means of earnings
- Lifelong Renewability without any age restrictions and timely renewal helps you to get a cumulative bonus
- Minimum co-payment, i.e., 5% of the claim amount which is lesser than other health insurance policies
- Coverage for advance treatments such as balloon sinuplasty, robotic surgeries, deep brain stimulation, stereotactic radio surgeries, and stem cell therapy
- Tax Benefit under section 80D of the Income Tax Act of India 1961
>>Clcik Here to Read Major Benefits of Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
Limitations of Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
Nevertheless, the policy is good for the people looking for basic health insurance coverage at an affordable premium. However, it has below limitations as well:
- Limited Sum Insured only up to Rs. 5 Lakh, which is not sufficient. It means you have to bear extra costs if you have to undergo some expensive treatment
- No Add-ons such as no claim bonus, international second opinion, reduction in PED wait period, and more to enhance the coverage of the policy
- Higher Room and ICU Capping. It is 2% to maximum up to Rs.5000 as room capping, and for ICU capping is 5% to Rs. 10,000
In the clouds of uncertain medical emergencies, Arogya Sanjeevani Policy comes as a ray of sunshine. Offered by Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance), it is a health insurance product with maximum benefits at the lower premium. Therefore, it is the best health insurance policy for you if you are a healthy and first-time buyer. You can easily afford it and protect yourself and your family, at least with the necessary coverage. However, if you have elderly parents, a dependent spouse, and children and you are the only bread earner in the family, make little effort. Pick amongst any of our hand-picked health insurance plans and give your family complete protection.