Let us know how add-on covers add value to your health insurance policy
Without having a health insurance policy, you cannot imagine managing your medical expenses. Considering the increased medical costs, health insurance is the only solution that can secure your savings. But, in such a scenario when medical expenses are skyrocketing and nothing is in your control, you can get extra support from your regular health insurance cover by opting for add-on covers. The add-on cover can enhance your health insurance coverage.
A health insurance policy includes hospitalization expenses; many health insurance plans come with add-on covers that offer financial aid for certain illnesses.
Let us discuss about the add-on covers that can enhance your health insurance policy.
1. International second opinion: This is an augmentation to the second opinion and all the provisions mentioned in the second opinion are similar to this add-on cover as well. Just like in second opinion, if you are not convinced with the diagnosis you can take a second opinion from a doctor anyhwhere in India. Whereas, benefit of international second opinion is applicable globally..
2. Reduction in Pre-existing disease (PED) waiting period: Opting for this add-on cover reduces the waiting period for pre-exisitng disease from 48 months to 24 months.
3. OPD Care: One of the most beneficial add-on cover is the OPD cover. Most health insurance plans offer OPD care as an add-on cover by charging some extra premium.. This add on cover includes consultation fees, costs of medicines, and pathological tests. In this case, the insured is not admitted as a day-care patient.
4. Air Ambulance cover: In this add on cover, the insured gets up to a certain amount specified for availing this service in India from the place of incident to the hospital. The transportation fare will be covered from one hospital to another. The doctor needs to mention the severity of the ailment.
5. No-claim bonus Super: This add-on cover is an extended benefit to no claim bonus. In policy tenure, if there is an option chosen by you and no claim has been paid, the insured can avail no-claim bonus super (NCB Super). The insured will get more than 50% flat in sum insured which is above than the sum insured accrued in the no-claim bonus. In this add-on cover, you can increase the sum insured by 50% for every claim-free year up to 100%.
When buying a health insurance policy, increasing the budget to include add-on covers is always a wise decision. Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance) offers comprehensive health insurance policies that are designed to secure you and your family in case of an emergency. You can opt for a wide variety of add-on covers that can improve your health insurance policy.
A health insurance policy promises to secure you in the time of medical exigencies, do not forget to opt for these add-on covers that are beneficial for you. So, if you are thinking to buy a health insurance policy online, you can visit our official website and opt for add-on covers.
Live a stress-free –life by opting for add-on covers from Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance).