“Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.” -Buddha
Every year on 7th April is observed as World Health Day as per the guidelines defined by World Health Organization. The main purpose of this global health agency is to achieve universal health coverage for all. Healthcare expenses in India are increasing at double the inflation rate. Hospitalization or treatment of critical illness may be required at any moment. The costs of treating such conditions can reach up to lakhs. For this reason, it is essential to opt for health insurance your family. The need for having a health insurance plan has not only gained importance in an individual’s current life, but even post-retirement too. Considering the increasing rate of medical cost, having an adequate health insurance plan has become a necessity for elderly people. Therefore, health insurance for senior citizens is created for treating treatment cover for individuals above the age of 60 years.
What is Senior Citizen Health Insurance?
Post- retirement life your parents start expecting from you a lot. To make things easier for them and ensure they are in good health it gets necessary to opt for a health insurance plan once they reach 60. The health insurance for senior citizens offers annual check-up, floater and individual cover and tax savings.
Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance) provides Care Senior- a health insurance plan for senior citizens who are dependent on their savings in order to meet their expenses. This health insurance plan acts as a financial aid and helps them in living worry-free life.
Benefits and Inclusions of Care Senior
Like every other insurance policy, Care Senior comes with certain benefits and inclusions that you should know. Mentioned below are the inclusions of this insurance policy:
- Individual and floater cover
- Annual health check-up
- Automatic recharge of sum insured
- Up to 150% raise in sum insured with NCB and NCB Super.
The insured is entitled to receive the following benefits by purchasing this health insurance plan:
- Coverage for pre-existing medical diseases subject to waiting period as mentioned in the policy details.
- Cashless treatment at the network hospital
- Coverage of fixed sum for alternative treatments such as AYUSH (Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy)
- Tax deduction on premium paid up to Rs. 50,000 and under section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- How to claim for Senior Citizen Health Insurance?
In case of emergency, the first step of claim intimation is to inform the insurance provider at least 24 hours before hospitalization. While, in case of planned hospitalization, one should inform at least 48 hours before hospitalization. An individual can write to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of cashless hospitalization, you need to follow certain steps:
- Request for pre-authorization. Complete the pre-authorization form from the hospital’s insurance and send it through fax.
- Approval letter sent by the claim management team.
- Hospital/insured to the response to the query raised by the claim management team.
- One can initiate the treatment and file for the re-imbursement claim.
- Submit claim form with other documents according to the policy terms and conditions.
- Approval letter is sent by the claim management team.
- If there is any query, the insured should respond to the query raised by the claim management team.
After reaching the age of retirement, one may not have a steady income. With the increasing age, one may be more prone to various ailments like diabetes and cancer. Hence, opting for a senior citizen health insurance becomes necessary.
If you are thinking to buy senior citizen health insurance, then your search ends with Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance). They provide customized health insurance plans by considering the age-related illnesses.