The discovery of the COVID 19 vaccine has brought new hopes for humanity to overcome the health crisis that shook the world. In India, the vaccination drive began in January 2021 for frontline health workers. The next phase started in March 2021 for the elderly citizens above 60 years and individuals above 45 years with comorbidities. Millions of people planning to register for COVID 19 vaccine in India can now follow a simple procedure and protect themselves against the deadly virus.
With well-known public figures, including our prime minister, taking the vaccination shot, the government is tackling vaccine hesitancy by encouraging people to overcome their fears. With this vaccination drive, over 25 lakh people registered on day one and the government plans to cover about ten crore citizens. The government has also eased the vaccination registration process by launching the CoWIN portal. With this platform, people can skip the hassle of long queues. One can register using the mobile number and get an OTP for the initial step verification. The registration is open from 9 am to 3 pm.
Register for COVID 19 Vaccine with Aarogya Setu App
Now, you can also register for the COVID 19 vaccination using the Aarogya Setu app. This mobile app launched by the government enables you to track COVID 19 cases and access essential health services. In addition to this facility, it helps you register for vaccination and receive confirmation & update on the COVID vaccine for you and your loved ones.
We mention below the steps you can follow to register for COVID 19 vaccine anywhere in India:
- Download the Aarogya Setu App on your smartphone.
- Go to the CoWIN tab on the homepage.
- You will find four options: Vaccination Information, Vaccination (Login/Register), Vaccination Certificate, and Vaccination Dashboard. Select ‘Register Now’.
- Provide your phone number and proceed to verify.
- You will receive an OTP. Enter the same in the vaccination tab and proceed to verify.
- After your number is verified, enter relevant details on the registration page, including full name, age, gender, photo ID type, etc. You can use your Aadhaar card or voter ID card for photo ID proof.
- On the next page, you must provide proof of eligibility. Click on the register in case of those above 60. Those above 45 years with comorbidities must confirm if they have comorbidities. A medical certificate by the doctor will also be required.
- You can see your account details displayed after registration is complete. A person can register up to 4 beneficiaries through the Aarogya Setu application. There is a facility to schedule an appointment on the ‘Book Appointment for Vaccination’ page.
- Here, you can search for the nearest vaccination centres based on details entered, such as state or union territory, block, district, and pin code. Select a vaccination centre and check the availability and vaccination date. Select the ‘book’ option after you have chosen your preferred date & time slot.
- You can access the page displaying your booking and appointment details. Confirm the details. You can then download and save the page.
- Upon successfully registering, you will get a notification on your registered phone number with appointment details.
If required in an emergency, you can also reschedule your appointment with ease using the same mobile application. Just log in to the application using your mobile number, submit the OTP, and make the required changes by clicking the edit option under the ‘Action’ column for registered members.
Besides the Vaccination, Consider Health Insurance
Although the vaccination drive has bolstered the fight against the contagious coronavirus, there is a long way to go before the entire world is safeguarded against this disease. It is a crucial time when we cannot ignore social distancing and other safety precautions. Further, the rising new cases of COVID-19 and emerging new variants of the virus are making everyone anxious. Thus, securing our loved ones’ health by getting a health insurance plan with coronavirus cover is undoubtedly a step in the right direction.
>>Also Read: Health Insurance with Coronavirus Cover
Most health insurance policies now cover emergency hospitalization and treatment expenses for COVID-19. You can choose Care, a comprehensive health insurance policy for family. It provides adequate coverage for any medical emergency and numerous policy benefits, including annual health check-up, alternative treatment, day care treatment, and cashless medical treatment at over 8350 network hospitals. Visit our official website to choose a customised health policy for your family today!
Disclaimer: The information given in this article is only for reference purpose.