The climate change is a major threat to the human health. As per the research, the climate change will impact the environmental and social determinants of health. This will affect pure air, drinking water and even food. In the future, the climate change is expected to lead to 2,50,000 deaths every year that will be caused due to malnutrition, heat stress and water-borne diseases.
Not only this, human activities like burning of fossil fuels have emitted carbon dioxide and other gases that have affected the climate globally. The climate change has caused a number of health risks, from death caused due to increased temperature to infectious diseases.
The degradation of the environment may lead to global warming which has harmful consequences. Children, elderly people and people living in poverty are most vulnerable to the harmful effects of climate change. The harmful effects of climate change include increase in the intensity of weather events, air pollution and rising temperature. These impacts are threat to the human health as they affect the food, air and weather.
One direct consequence of pollution is the development of disease such as respiratory and cardiovascular disorders.
In this article, we will discuss the major threat that the climate change has on human health.
- Impact on public health: The extreme weather conditions leads to many health issues. The climate change is affecting the various factors that effects air quality, quality of drinking water and nutritional level. Some effects of climate change can cause various health issues such as heatstroke, asthma and lung cancer. Living in metro cities can also increase the risk of illnesses caused due to overpopulation and increased temperature.
- Heat and weather related illness: The increased heat waves and temperature have become common in the recent year. The rising temperature can cause a number of health issues such as heat stroke, muscle cramps and may worsen existing medical conditions such as heart and respiratory conditions. Season change makes you more vulnerable to disease and infections. It is important to take care of yourself. Mentioned below are some of the tips that help in improving your immunity and keep you safe during any season change.
- Hydration is important: Drinking enough water is important for your overall health. You must drink enough water throughout the year to keep away the risks of infections.
- Exercise regularly: It is always important to include physical activity in your daily routine. This helps to improve your immunity and lowers the risk of diseases by circulating the blood flow and removing the germs from the lungs.
- Opt for Health Insurance: No matter how careful you become when it comes to your health, the risk of catching any ailment cannot be eliminated completely. For this reason, it is advisable to get a health insurance policy. With the increase in lifestyle diseases and critical illnesses, having a health insurance policy has become a priority.
Care Health Insurance (Formerly known as Religare Health Insurance) is a prominent health insurance company that offers various comprehensive policies. These health insurance plans offer coverage against increasing medical expenses and protect you every time. You can opt for a family health insurance policy if you have a family to support.