At an affordable price for you
Parkinson’s disease is a neurological disorder that impacts the movement of the body. It may lead to stiffness, shaking, and causes difficulty in walking. In the earlier stages, Parkinson’s disease symptoms may not be severe; however, they may get worse as time progresses.
Considering the seriousness of this disease, getting a health insurance policy is important for anyone who is affected by Parkinson’s disease.
Mentioned below are some of the facts related to Parkinson’s disease that you must know.
1. This disease is named after English surgeon James Parkinson, who also wrote ‘An Essay on the Shaking Palsy’ in which he described this medical condition. He was the first one to observe the symptoms of this medical condition.
2. The symptoms of this medical condition are mostly observed only on one side of the body. This irregularity may persist the whole life.
3. There is no cure for this medical condition. But, the medicines can help in treating the symptoms. In terms of neurological disorders, this disease is capable of being treated.
4. Communication may get affected, which may result in a soft voice, articulation disorder, and a decline in facial expression.
5. There are four ‘cardinal symptoms,’ in which the blend of any two is enough to diagnose that an individual is affected with this disease. They are as follows:
6. Loss of smell is one of the earliest symptoms of this condition.
7. This disease is not fatal; however, the complications can be dangerous.
8. People who have Parkinson’s disease may also experience non-motor symptoms. These include depression, sleep disorders, and cognitive impairment,
9. Most patients affected with this disease are middle-aged individuals who are 56 years of age.
10. This medical condition mostly affects men than in women.
11. There is no known cause of this disease. As per research, various factors such as smoking, pollution, and illegal drugs can be the cause of this disease.
>> Also read 5 Diseases causing Critical Illnesses
Critical Mediclaim is one of the most significant health insurance policies that one should opt these days. In this health insurance cover, the insured gets financial compensation, if diagnosed with any of the critical ailments that are mentioned in this health insurance plan. Seeking treatment for a critical ailment may affect your savings; hence, it is important to opt for this health insurance cover.
Care Health Insurance offers a Critical Mediclaim-critical illness insurance plan that covers Parkinson’s disease. This health insurance policy covers 32 major critical ailments, including the former one. In this health insurance policy, you can avail of the benefit of convenient claim procedures. Apart from this, you can also avail of tax benefits as per Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Disclaimer: Underwriting of claims for Parkinson’s disease is subject to policy terms and conditions.
Published on 28 Nov 2022
Published on 23 Nov 2022
Published on 22 Nov 2022
Published on 22 Nov 2022
Published on 18 Nov 2022
GET FREE QUOTE