Buy Online to Avail 5% Digital Discount
The human body is a complex machine, and each system has specified functions. Disruption in any of these functions due to diseases or infections can affect overall health. Due to various reasons like changes in surroundings, diet, and physical activities, one may experience certain infections and diseases that can cause mild discomfort to serious illness. One such problem can be urology diseases. As the name may suggest, urology diseases are related to urinary problems.
Read on as we’ll discuss more about urological diseases, what causes urology problems, and the treatment for the same. Continue reading for detailed information.
Infections and diseases related to the urination and urinary tract are termed urology diseases. Usually, urological diseases females occur in the urinary tract, while urology problems males may occur in both the urinary tract and reproductive organs. People of all ages can be affected by urinary system diseases. However, reports suggest that urological problems are more common in elderly people.
Urinary disease list comprises different types of illnesses. Depending on the affected area, symptoms, and medical tests, your doctor can better recommend to you the type of urology disease you are suffering. Here is a list of some of the common urinary diseases list:
One of the most common urology diseases is UTI. It stands for Urinary Tract Infections and is a more frequent urology disease females than in males. In UTI, pathogenic viruses and bacteria invade and attack the urinary tract and infect. Usually, antibiotics and self-care can help clear the situation within a week. Symptoms are:
Benign prostatic hyperplasia is not necessarily connected to prostate cancer. It is a condition mostly seen in older men, where the prostate gland increases in size. Symptoms of BPH are:
It is a condition when the person loses bladder control. One may experience uncontrolled urinary leakage and lack of urination control. Several reasons may trigger it, like:
Kidney stones can be one of the commonly heard health problems. When there are crystals in the urine, they may collect and form stones in the kidney. When these stones pass to the ureter, it blocks the flow of urine, thus causing problems. Small stones may pass through urination on their own. However, large stones may need surgery.
Cancer in the urinary tract is not so common. Through diagnosis, the doctor can rule out the possibilities. Early detection and treatment may cure the condition. Types of cancer that fall in this category are:
Knowing about the various types of urology diseases, you may wonder what causes urology problems! To help you better understand, here are some of the possible causes behind urologic diseases:
Burning sensations, frequent urination, inability to urinate properly, pain while peeing, etc. can all be common symptoms of urologic diseases. Let's elaborate on urology disease symptoms:
1. Pain and Burning Sensation during Urination: One of the most common symptoms of urinary tract diseases is pain while urinating. One may feel an excessive burning sensation as well. It can be quite uncomfortable and painful.
2. Frequent Urge to Pee: Along with pain, urology diseases may also lead to frequent urination. This may happen if the bladder is not empty and you feel the urge to pee frequently.
3. Unusual Urinating Pattern: Some people may experience a change in their urinating pattern. It involves either urinating too frequently or not urinating at all, even after having enough liquid intake.
4. Abdominal Pain: Urology disease symptoms may also be accompanied by abdominal pain, especially right after urination. It can be uncomfortable to carry the usual routine with this abdominal pain.
5. Uncontrolled Urination: In some cases, an individual may lose control over urination. It may lead to urine leakage. People with diabetes and women who are pregnant may be at higher risk. Although this situation can be uncomfortable, it is important to get the right treatment on time.
6. Blood in Urine: Hematuria is a condition where you may experience blood in urine. In such a case, it is highly important to consult your doctor immediately.
Depending on the urology disease symptoms, the treatment needs to be carried out. Mild symptoms can be treated on their own and with home care. However, make sure to contact your doctor if the situation becomes serious. Delay in the right treatment may worsen the condition.
Urological disease treatment at home may be possible through the following practices:
1. Hydration: Keep yourself hydrated. Make sure to have at least 3 litres of water every day, with one glass of water every morning after waking up.
2. Limit Caffeine and Salt Intake: Caffeine can trigger various urology disease symptoms. So, if you drink coffee or caffeine in any form, try to limit it until the problem settles.
3. Cranberry Juice: Cranberry juice can help in neutralising the symptoms of urinary tract diseases. However, it is better to consult your doctor on this matter.
4. Exercise: Basic exercises can help in controlling the symptoms of urologic diseases. You may perform yoga or light exercise.
5. Hygiene: Many urology problems like UTIs can occur due to poor hygiene. From cleaning after urination, it is also important to avoid urinating in public places.
6. Smoke-free Environment: Tobacco and smoking may worsen the situation. So, it is best to avoid smoking or being around smoke.
7. Over-the-counter Treatments: In mild cases of urinary problems, OTC medicines can help relieve symptoms. You can consult your doctor regarding this.
If the above urologic disease treatment does not work or the situation is serious, your doctor may suggest other treatments like surgery.
In some cases of urologic diseases, general treatment with medicines may not be sufficient. The cases of bladder, kidney, or prostate cancer, kidney stone, certain kidney diseases and BPH, you may be recommended surgery. There are different types of surgery that a urologist may perform depending on your health condition, like:
These are all minimally invasive surgery where the blood loss and tissue damage are minimal. The surgery is performed through a few invasions on your body.
Health insurance plans aim to lower the medical burden on an individual and the family. Mostly, health plans offer coverage for surgeries related to urologic diseases. At Care Health Insurance, you get coverage for kidney stone surgery, laparoscopic surgery and so on. Depending on the treatment, you get the coverage.
Urology diseases are common, and most people experience some of these diseases at some point in life. Diseases, like urinary incontinence, can be embarrassing to share, but you must remember that it is okay to have such symptoms, and you are not alone in this. Talk to your doctor if the urology disease symptoms get serious.
At Care Health Insurance, you are covered for surgery expenses related to urology diseases. So, do not worry about the associated medical expenses. Do not delay anymore and get yourself insured with us.
>> Also Read: What is Covered and Not Covered Under Mediclaim Policy?
1. The above information is for reference purposes only: Policy Assurance and Claims at the underwriter's discretion.
2. All plan features, benefits, coverage, and claims underwriting are subject to policy terms and conditions. Kindly refer to the brochure, sales prospectus, and policy documents carefully.
Published on 23 Feb 2024
Published on 23 Feb 2024
Published on 23 Feb 2024
Published on 23 Feb 2024
Published on 22 Feb 2024
GET FREE QUOTE