Taking a healthy diet is essential for everyone. Your body needs nutrition in different phases of life. The risk of getting an ailment begins in childhood and continues until old age. Babies, children, and adults all have different requirements. Hence, it is essential to take preventive measures in various stages of life. In this article, we will give you information about healthy diet tips and nutritional needs for each stage in life.
Nutritional Needs for Children
Studies have shown that taking a balanced diet in the early stages of life is vital for long-term health. The nutritional needs for children in the age group of one to five begin from the time they are born. Children need essential nutrients and vitamins that help in their growth. In this age-group, they must incorporate nutrients such as vitamin A, C, iron, and calcium. If your child is in preschool, make sure to incorporate the following healthy diet tips in your child’s routine:
- Include fruits and vegetables in breakfast
- Include delicious yet healthy smoothies for a different taste
- Offer them new foods to develop a taste for it
- Do not inculcate the habit of snacking such as biscuits and chocolates
- Have milk and other dairy products
- Encourage the habit of eating meal three times with healthy snacks in between like fruits or any home-made food item.
Not only taking a nutritious diet helps, but it is also equally important to introduce your child to sports. Incorporating any form of physical activity helps your child in becoming active.
Nutritional Needs for Teenagers
When children enter teenage, they start making their preferences about their eating habits and other aspects of life. In this phase, their taste changes because of which they do not want to eat certain kinds of food. Because of peer pressure, they start eating fast food which does not give them vitamins, minerals that is required for their body. You can include these food items in your child’s diet:
- Encourage them to eat vegetables and fruits
- Include one tablespoon of dry fruits
- Have beans, pulses, eggs, and proteins
- Have milk and dairy foods such as yogurt and cheese
- Avoid junk food such as chips, burgers and fried food
- Drink plenty of water
- Have meal consisting of iron-rich food items such as green vegetables and dried apricot
Nutritional Needs for Adults
Most of the body’s growth and development is over when an individual enters adulthood. In this phase, you must pay attention to nutrition and maintain an active lifestyle. It helps in lowering the risk of age and lifestyle-related ailments. Apart from taking healthy diet, you must take some time for physical activity such as walk in park and intensive aerobic activity.
Mentioned below are some of the ways that will help you eat better:
- Eat whole grains such as oatmeal and brown rice
- Include vegetables such as kale, spinach, and sweet potatoes
- Eat fat-free milk products
- Do not drink beverages that have high calories
- Lower the number of calories in your diet
Nutritional Needs for Elderly Adults
In this age group, you should focus on nutrition as your body changes and experiences various limitations. Snacking on healthier food items such as whole-grain toast, fruit or porridge keeps you full for long hours, in case if you cannot manage three meals in a day.
Mentioned-below are some strategies that can make help you in maintaining your diet:
- Eat nutrition-rich food such as lean protein, beans, and seeds
- Take a fiber-rich diet
- Opt for healthier convenience foods such as low-sodium or frozen vegetables
- Include oatmeal in your breakfast
- Take vitamin or mineral supplement such as magnesium or vitamin B-12
Taking a healthy diet is one of the best recipes for maintaining fitness in life. You can remain healthy by taking a balanced diet and incorporating regular exercise. Make sure to eat food that are nutrient dense such as eggs, lean meat (for non-vegetarians), and wholegrain breads.
Apart from taking a healthy diet, it is equally important to invest in health insurance. In today’s time, age and lifestyle-related ailments are common; hence it wise to be prepared beforehand. Care Health Insurance(formerly known as Religare Health Insurance) is one of the most trusted names in India that provides numerous health insurance plans as per every individual’s needs. You just need to visit the company’s official website and opt for the a policy that is apt for you.