Try these 5 Tips that will Help you in Taking Care of your Parent Suffering from Critical Illness
Do you have an idea about how difficult things become for an individual suffering from Alzheimer’s disease? It is equally difficult for the person as well, who is taking care of the patient. As per the research, approximately twice as many women have Alzheimer’s disease than men.
Before going further, let us know what Alzheimer’s disease is.
Alzheimer’s disease is an ailment that causes the brain cells to degenerate. In this ailment, an individual’s behavioural and social skills are affected. The early sign of this ailment is to forget a recent event or any conversation.
An individual diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease tends to forget things more often. They lose their power to retain things and ask the same thing repetitively. If you are looking after your parent suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, you need to be more responsible as this medical condition progresses with time.
Here we tell you about some of the useful tips that will help you in taking care of your parents suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. Also, know why health insurance is an essential buy for someone suffering from this critical illness.
- Schedule a routine: A person suffering from this medical condition needs proper care. Make sure to create a daily routine. If you want to take your parent for medical appointments, make sure you take them when you see any symptoms. It would be helpful for the doctor to examine the patient evidently in the presence of any family member.
- Be understanding: People who have Alzheimer’s disease tend to forget things. They tend to develop behavioural issues and different moods. Therefore, you should be compassionate towards them and deal with them calmly.
- Create a protected environment: If your parent has Alzheimer’s disease, create a protected environment for them. Make sure that your home is a secure place to stay. It is advisable to keep electronics appliances away from their reach. Also, do not put rugs, extension cords, and anything else to prevent falls.
- Avoid distractions: Reduce distractions while talking to them, like switch off the TV, music, or phone as it becomes easier for them to focus. Also, provide simple instructions that are easy for them to follow.
- Be adjusting: It is very difficult to take care of someone who has Alzheimer’s disease. To overcome frustration, be accommodating, and stick to your routine as much as required. Flexibility and patience are the most important attributes you need to have while taking care of a patient who has Alzheimer’s disease.
How is Health Insurance Helpful?
The treatment of Alzheimer’s disease can be expensive, which is why it is essential to opt for a health insurance cover. Critical Mediclaim from Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance) is one of the most comprehensive health insurance plans that you must buy. It covers 32 critical illnesses, including Alzheimer’s disease.
In India, the number of cases of Alzheimer's disease is increasing. Hence, it is advisable to opt for critical illness insurance. With the help of this health insurance policy, you can avail of the benefit of claim procedures. It also provides coverage that includes many benefits such as hospitalization expenses, alternative treatment, and annual health check-up. You can also avail tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
The health of your loved ones is your priority. Opt for a Critical Mediclaim and secure the health of your parents.