Mosquito-borne diseases such as Malaria, Dengue, and Chikungunya are health problems that affect the majority of the population in India. Although they are prevalent in rural areas, urban dwellers are also prone to such illnesses. Every year, we wait for the arrival of monsoon rains as it is a respite from the summer heat. However, the rainy season also brings along the risks of such infectious vector-borne diseases. Vectors are living organisms like mosquitoes or fleas which carry and transmit disease-causing bacteria or viruses.
The most common symptoms of diseases include fever, body aches, and weakness. It could lead to a medical emergency and become fatal without timely care. Thus, it is crucial to take the best care of health, particularly those who are vulnerable. Vector-borne diseases can be prevented easily by taking suitable measures. Moreover, getting a health insurance cover will give the necessary support to your finances when the costs of medical care seem to create difficulties.
We shall explain the benefits of a health insurance policy that covers the treatment of vector-borne illnesses.
Medical Treatment for Vector-borne diseases
These diseases are a group of communicable diseases such as Malaria, Dengue, Chikungunya, Kala-Azar, Japanese Encephalitis, Filariasis, and Zika Virus. The National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme (NVBDCP) is a comprehensive programme launched by the government for the prevention and control of vector-borne diseases (VBDs).
The average expenditure for treatment of illnesses like dengue can range between Rs 30,000 to Rs 5 Lakh. The diagnosis is done through some medical tests, including blood tests and analysing the platelet count. For many families, the cost of medical check-ups is not a small amount but rather substantial. Thus, having sufficient health cover will take away the burden of expenses arising due to medical treatment.
Health Insurance for Vector-borne Diseases
Here, we explain what is Vector-borne Diseases health cover and also list out the various policy benefits.
Coping with the expensive treatment at a hospital is bound to be stressful for a family, given the fact that healthcare costs are rising steadily in the country. There is no better way than buying the best health insurance plan for securing one’s hard-earned savings. For instance, ‘Care’ by Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance) is a family floater policy that would cover your entire family at an affordable premium.
Mentioned below are the main features of the policy:
- Hospitalisation Benefits: If the insured person avails of medical treatment for any of the vector-borne diseases at a hospital, the policy will provide cover the hospital expenses. Also, the policy offers coverage for day care treatment, room rent, ambulance, ICU charges, etc.
- Cover for Medical Expenses: The policy covers the medical costs incurred up to 30 days up during pre-hospitalisation period and post-hospitalisation medical expenses incurred up to 60 days. It is a crucial feature as this will give the necessary safety cushion to the insured person.
- Automatic Recharge of Sum Insured: If the sum insured is exhausted due to multiple claims, then it will be reinstated once in the policy year. Since this policy covers other family members, recharge of sum insured is a beneficial feature as the insured need not worry about insufficient coverage.
- Cashless treatment cover: The insured person can avail of quality medical care on a cashless basis. Using a health card, he or she can get cashless treatment at any of the 8350+ network hospitals. So, there is no hassle of paying the hospital bills from one’s pocket.
- Annual health check-up: Assessing one’s health condition through regular medical check-up is vital for preventing illness and their complications. The benefit of annual health check-up is offered on a cashless basis, which is an advantage.
Besides the benefits mentioned above, the policy also includes alternative treatment cover and no claim bonus under which a family can look forward to the increased sum insured for spending a claim-free year.
Vector-borne diseases are common in India, and one should not neglect the need to get timely treatment. Taking adequate preventive measures and following proper hygiene practices is of utmost importance. Many families struggle to make ends meet and face financial crisis owing to expensive medical care. Here is why opting for a comprehensive health insurance policy proves helpful. A family floater plan will protect the individuals of a family under a single cover, which is affordable.