Health Insurance Cover for Organ Transplant
Organ donation gives a new lease of life individual battling a life-threatening medical condition. Thanks to medical advancements, the success rate of major organ transplant surgery has increased.
Organ transplant refers to a medical procedure conducted to save a patient's life with terminal organ failure. The process involves removing an organ from a donor's body and placing it into the patient's (recipient) body.
At Care, we offer organ donor cover under different health insurance plans. Having a health cover has become essential these days. Firstly, a health policy serves as a financial safety cushion for a family’s income against unexpected medical expenses. Secondly, buying a customized, disease-specific health cover eliminates the burden of expensive medical treatment.
Let's get into its details and the various benefits.
What is Organ Donor Cover?
Organ donor cover is a feature available under the health insurance policy that offers coverage to the policyholder up to a specified limit for the organ donor expenses. This policy will provide coverage for the in-patient hospitalization and surgery-related expenses for the patient.
Benefits of Health Insurance with Organ Cover
Below are the benefits of having a medical insurance policy with organ cover:
- Cover exorbitant medical expenses of organ transplant surgeries
- Cashless or reimbursement facility up to the specified amount incurred by you towards your organ donor
- Tax benefit under section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961
Need for Health Insurance with Organ Donor Cover
Organ transplant is a complicated procedure as the doctors have to ensure there is a right match between the recipient and donor. This surgery increases the chances of survival of a patient. Some examples of major organ transplant and their average expenses are listed below:
|Organ Transplant||Expected Cost (Approx.) in India|
|Liver Transplant||Rs 15 Lakh - 35 Lakh|
|Heart Transplant||Rs 20 Lakh - 25 Lakh|
|Kidney Transplant||Rs 5 Lakh -20 Lakh|
|Cornea transplant||Rs 50,000 - Rs 1 Lakh|
Medical conditions, such as diabetes and hypertension, are quite common and have affected millions of people. If gone unchecked, they can turn into a severe ailment. These health covers are beneficial for those who are suffering from life-threatening diseases.
Organ Donor Cover Exclusion
Organ donor cover does not include the pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization medical expenses for the donor.
Tips for Buying Health Insurance with Organ Donor Cover
When buying health policy with organ donor cover, consider the below tips:
- Read the policy documents to understand what is included and excluded under the cover.
- Select the amount of sum insured, keeping the estimated treatment costs in mind.
- Check network hospitals near your location to ensure easy access to quality medical care.
- Claim settlement under health insurance with organ donor cover is hassle-free. You can avail it in two ways:
Cashless Facility: This facility is extremely beneficial as there is no need to pay for medical bills from your pocket. Using a health card, you can avail of treatment at a network hospital. We settle the expenses directly with the hospital, subject to policy terms and conditions.
Reimbursement Facility: If you choose to avail of treatment at a non-network hospital, you have to pay the medical bills during the discharge from the hospital, and later you can file for a reimbursement facility.
- The premium of such types of policies would depend on various factors such as age, amount of coverage, etc.
- Look for other benefits such as annual health check-ups, which prove helpful since timely medical tests are crucial to identifying potential health complications.
- Notify our customer support team within the specified time frame so that there is no hassle in getting the claim.
Considering the rising incidences of life-threatening diseases organ donor cover is a must. Our comprehensive health insurance policy ‘Care’ saves you from a financial impact by covering the expenses resulting from organ transplant. You can avail of quality healthcare at any of our 8350+ network hospitals in India and experience a cashless treatment facility stress-free.