Buy Online to Avail 5% Digital Discount
A health insurance plan is meant to cover your medical treatment expenses and keep you stress-free from the financial strain during a medical emergency. However, as a policyholder at times, you fail to review an insurance portfolio that leaves you in a distress situation. In such a case, breaking up with your current health insurance company is the right decision.
The IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory Development Authority) protect the interest of the unhappy policyholders provide them a choice to port to another insurance that is called health insurance portability.
It is a legal way to switch to another insurance provider. Under health insurance portability, policyholders have a right to choose another trust worthy health insurance company like us without losing already invested money in terms of premium. During porting you can transfer your existing cover to another one. It can be done in two ways:
• Either you may opt for a new policy provided by your current health insurance company or,
• Switch to leading health insurance company like Care Health Insurance
In this way, you do not lose certain benefits under your existing policy like credit for waiting periods, NCB (No Claim Bonus), etc.
Policyholders can opt for portability in the following situations:
• When you are not getting satisfactory health insurance services such as delay in claims, no customer support, and unnecessary rejections
• When you do not get customized health insurance plan according to your current requirement
• Premium is low and benefits are high in the new plan or way better under a new plan offers by a new company
• Extensive savings and a long-term solution in the new plan
Policyholders have their reasons to port however, you should be sure that switching gives you more benefits. Here are the steps for porting health insurance:
• Portability is possible before 45 days before the renewal date
• Fill the online portability form
• Fill the proposal form with complete details
• Make online payment via secure payment modes
What are the essentials of Health Insurance Portability?
The IRDAI led some guidelines to ensure the rights of policyholders:
• You can port between plans that cover similar risks when covered under individual or family floater policies.
• The benefits from the old plans will be retained as coverage benefits for example credit for waiting periods completed and enhanced amounts of sum assured.
• You can choose any public or private health insurance provider like us.
People invest in health insurance to stay protected against the financial crunch caused by medical emergencies. But, as a policyholder is you are not happy with your current company, then porting is advisable. It is the step to ensure that you can avail the satisfactory services, more benefits, and maximum coverage.
So, if you are also looking for portability, then you can consider Care Health Insurance one of the most trusted brands that offers you comprehensive health insurance with maximum coverage, lots of benefits and 100% customer support.
Therefore, choose the right plan and provider to make the portability a successful attempt.
Disclaimer: Please read the brochure and prospectus to know more about our health insurance plans cover as conditions may vary.
Published on 19 Feb 2024
Published on 14 Feb 2024
Published on 13 Feb 2024
Published on 13 Feb 2024
Published on 12 Feb 2024
GET FREE QUOTE