Student Travel Insurance for Studying Aboard
Studying abroad opens new avenues for aspirants who dream big. It’s always full of diverse experience, exploration, culture and financial growth. However, there can be some situations that can dampen your spirit when you land on foreign soil. From falling sick to meeting with an accident anything can happen. You must be aware of how expensive it is to get treated in a foreign country especially when it is an emergency. You can neither have the funds nor family to support during the tough time. But there is only one thing that can save you from this catastrophe and that is travel insurance.
As a student choosing the right kind of travel insurance plan can be a tough job. Here, we have jotted some piece of information that helps you to understand travel insurance for students better.
What is Student Travel Insurance?
This type of insurance is specially designed according to the needs of students who study abroad. It provides coverage against the medical and non-medical emergencies with some unique features such as auto-renewal and policy extension. Students outside the country are entitled to get financial assistance in case of an emergency. This type of insurance plan can be customized depending on your travel itinerary. It remains active for the whole tenure till the time student stays in a foreign country.
What are the Inclusions of Student Travel Insurance?
In order to minimize the travel-related risk the student travel insurance has the following inclusions:
- Emergency Cashless Hospitalization
- Immediate Claim Settlement
- Anesthetic Dental Treatment
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Accidental death compensation to the nominee
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Reimbursement in case of trip delay/ cancelation or loss of checked-in baggage
- Assistance in obtaining a duplicate copy of passport
- Personal liability, bail bond, compassionate visit are also covered under travel insurance plans.
What are the Exclusions of Student Travel Insurance?
Alike other insurance policies, student travel insurance also have some exclusions. Take a look.
- Pre-existing medical ailment
- Non-reimbursement of the expenses incurred due to suicide, injuries or illness or alcohol consumption
- Cosmetic surgeries and obesity treatment
- Theft or damage due to negligence
- War and natural calamities
What are the Key Benefits of Students Travel Insurance?
Chase your dreams while studying abroad. But if you stay alone there, then it’s better to secure yourself with insurance. However, student travel insurance plans can be customized based on your requirements. But most of them have some basic features listed below.
- Save from out-of-pocket medical and non-medical expenses in a foreign country
- Bear emergency hospitalization expenses
- Reimbursement for the loss incurred due to interruption in studies
- Payment of the tuition fee in case of accidental death of the sponsor
- Covers compassionate visit of an immediate family member
- Emergency extension of accommodation
- Immediate cashless hospitalization
- Quick customer care assistance
Quick Facts about Student Travel Insurance
Depending on what country you are planning to study you can choose online travel insurance accordingly. Here we have listed some quick facts that you should know before buying it.
- The age limit to buy a student travel insurance is minimum of 16 years and a maximum of 35 years
- Compulsory in most of the foreign universities
- Premium on this student travel insurance is relatively lesser than others
- Enjoy continuity under insurance cover with its auto-renewal facility
- For cancelation of the policy, 15 days prior notice is required
- Passport verification is also a part of the process
- Buy travel insurance online is comparatively less cumbersome
- Get the insurance only after the booking of the tickets
Exclusively, offering safety, mental peace and financial assistance, student travel insurance act as a safeguard for you. Explore the world with Care student travel insurance and make it your classroom.