Important Items to Carry for International Travel
Travelling internationally is exciting, whether it is for spending holidays or purposes like work or studies. However, it gets really inconvenient if you forget to bring some of the essential things like your phone’s charger or your travel insurance documents!
So, here’s a category-wise list of all the items you must carry so that you can have a hiccup-free international trip: -
Clothes are the first thing that comes to mind when we think about packing, yet, at times, we forget some item or the other. When packing for international travel, remember to carry these set of clothes:
- Jeans & T-shirts for casual wear
- Tops, skirts, shirts, pants, dresses, and suit sets for formal, outdoor or party wear
- Sleeping & loungewear – night suit, comfortable pyjamas, shorts, and T-shirts
- Accessories - Belts, watch, shades, hat, socks, stockings, handbags, etc.
- Swimsuit (this is a must)
- Slippers, shoes and other footwear to match the outfits you’re keeping
If you are travelling in winters or to a cold place, keep your jackets, sweaters, thermals, socks, gloves, mufflers, scarfs, and caps as per the weather of the destination(s).
2. Cosmetics and Jewellery
Well, we know what comes under this – eye makeup, lipsticks, foundation & compact, nail paints, and other items as per personal preference. Just don’t forget to carry makeup and nail paint remover and some cotton buds. For jewellery, match it with the clothes you’re planning to carry. And don’t forget hair comb, pins, and hair ties!
- Oral hygiene - toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, tongue cleaner, and mouthwash
- Soap/body wash, face-wash, shampoo/conditioner
- Moisturiser, lip balm, sunscreen, hair serum/gel, beard oil, etc.
- Deodorants and perfumes
- Comb, nail cutter, and shaving kit
- Towel, tissues, and wet wipes
- Sanitary napkins/tampons & other personal hygiene products
- Mini mirror, mini sewing kit, safety pins, etc.
Note – This is a comprehensive list. Only add those which are relevant to you.
4. Gadgets & Other Important Stuff
- Phone and laptop chargers (along with the phone and laptop!)
- Glasses/contact lenses
- Earphones or speakers
- Travel pillow, eye mask, and earplugs
- Books, diary, and pen
- Hair straightener/curler
- Small trekking/shopping bags
5. Important Documents & Cards
- Visa on arrival for Indians if you’re travelling from India*
- Credit & debit cards and cash
- Personal/student/employment identity proofs
- Emergency contact information & medical information
- Discount cards if any
- Guides and maps or GPS
- International travel insurance and health insurance documents
- Copies of all these documents
- First aid kit
- Personal prescriptions & medicines
- Fever and cold medicines or syrups
- Eye, nasal or ear drops
- Motion and altitude sickness medicines
- Pain relief medicines or ointments
- ORS & glucose
7. Food & other items
Well, travelling for long makes us hungry, and therefore, it is better to be prepared in case hunger strikes. Keeping easy-to-handle snacks and beverages that last for days like packets of chips, biscuits, dry cake, juices, etc. can be a good option. Even if you are not carrying snacks, it is important to carry at least a water bottle!
As for youngsters who are travelling abroad to study, Indian moms love to send homemade food items like cookies, chips, namkeens, etc. Take them along to feel like home in a foreign country.
This list can help you manage your packing for international travel efficiently. Remember to keep items like tickets, passport, water, travel pillow, earphones, etc. handy in a carry-on bag so that they are easy to access when required.
Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance) is renowned for offering affordable, destination-specific international travel insurance to people travelling abroad to provide them coverage for medical and non-medical expenses in case of an emergency during their travels abroad.
*Quick List here Visa on Arrival for Indian