Bali has emerged as a popular holiday destination among Indians. It is extensively famous among travel junkies and newlywed couples. When visiting Bali, make sure you are not only on the right side of the safety laws but also take measures to avoid illness.
If you are planning a trip to Bali, make sure you follow these health tips for traveling to Bali:
- Drink plenty of water: The climate of Bali is humid throughout the year. It takes at least two weeks to adapt to the weather conditions. Excessive heat can cause swelling of the ankles and feet. Hence, be sure to carry a water bottle with you all the time to avoid heatstroke.
- Be cautious while swimming: The beaches in Bali are famous for their beauty and surfing. Because of this, visitors are vulnerable to having sunburn. Also, certain areas are prone to the tsunami and the occurrence of undercurrents. Hence, it is advised to follow warnings and be aware of the beach rescue services. Swimmers should make sure to carry a medical kit that contains medicine for coral cuts and ear infection.
- Keep distance from stray animals and monkeys: Macaque monkeys are found in some areas of Bali, especially in the Ubud. They are known to steal food items, jewelry or anything that comes in front of their sight. If an encounter is inevitable, make sure you do not smile, as the showing of teeth is interpreted as a sign of aggression by the monkeys.
- Wear sunscreen every day: Be sure to wear high-SPF sunscreen regularly, of not less than 40 SPF. Also, try not to step out in the sun between 10 am to 3 pm. Try to look for shelter where the sun is not reflected up from the water.
- Maintain your hygiene: Be sure to carry water bottles with you all the time to stay hydrated. It is advised not to ask for ice while dining in the cafes. Also, try to avoid heated food and eat freshly cooked food all the time. Wash your hands to avoid the risk of getting infected with Bali Belly. Carrying a hand sanitizer with yourself can prevent you from falling sick.
- Keep medicines handy: Be sure to visit the doctor at least 6-8 weeks in advance and get all the necessary vaccinations before heading to Bali. The doctor may advise you to take precautions based on the activities you will doing and areas you will be visiting. It is advised to carry extra medicines in case of loss, theft or unavailability.
Bali is truly a holiday destination- whether you are going for a family vacation or a honeymoon. Make sure you bookmark these health tips for Bali. Having travel insurance for Bali keeps you secure from a mishap. You can opt for Explore-International Travel Insurance that gives financial assistance by covering all your medical expenses.
At Care Healthcare Insurance, the purpose is to ensure customers enjoy hassle-free access to healthcare facilities. Our 22900+ cashless healthcare providers make the claim management easier for you.
Disclaimer: Plan features, benefits, coverage, and underwriting of claims are subject to policy terms and conditions. Please refer to the brochure, sales prospectus, and policy documents carefully.