Travelling to the US? Safeguard Yourself from Coronavirus
The dangerous Coronavirus has affected not just people in China - the country where it originated - but it has also spread to other parts of the world. This has made a lot of travelers worried including those who plan to visit the United States.
Health is the main concern for anyone who is one an international trip. It is always safe to buy travel plans to protect your travel budget from any unwanted expense. Choose travel insurance for USA which will act as a safety cushion during your stay in the United States.
A coronavirus is a group of viruses that causes acute respiratory illnesses in humans. It starts with an infection in the nose, sinuses or upper throat. The affected person starts showing symptoms like stuffy nose, cough, fever, etc.
>> Check: Coronavirus Health Insurance Plans
Coronavirus Cases in the US
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the outbreak of the deadly virus as a public health emergency of international concern.
Out of the over 170 confirmed cases in countries outside China, at least 11 cases are from the United States in places namely California, Arizona, Washington and Illinois.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta is the agency responsible for testing patients to confirm the presence of the virus. The patients have been quarantined and being treated for the symptoms.
The country has started to evacuate its citizens from China and has issued travel advisories warning them not to travel to China.
Tips to Protect Yourself from Coronavirus
The Coronavirus spreads quickly from one person to another. An affected person begins to show symptoms between 2 to 10 days – which is the incubation period of the virus.
Here are some useful tips to safeguard yourself while on a flight:
- If you are a traveler from Mainland China, avoid traveling to the United States.
- Avoid traveling to the country if you are feeling sick.
- Senior citizens and those having any pre-existing ailment must not travel.
- When you are on a flight, take necessary precautions like washing your hands often. Healthcare experts say this is the best protection against infections.
- Always wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds using an alcohol-based sanitizer or soap.
- Do not touch your nose, eyes and mouth.
- Keep air vents open for better air circulation.
- Clean surfaces like tray-tables, seatbelts and armrests using sanitary wipes.
- Wear effective face masks and cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing with tissues or the crook of the elbow.
Ensure Your US Trip
Buying USA travel insurance has been extremely easy as you do not need to undergo a medical check-up before opting for the plan.
The outbreak of the virus has already led to many trip cancellations. Travel insurance policies are designed to cover such exigencies. Moreover, emergency hospitalization, treatment for accidental injuries and medical evacuation are some situations where travel policies come to the rescue by covering these medical expenses.
If you are visiting the US, remember to ensure your trip with ‘Explore’, a customized travel plan by Care Travel Insurance which has been designed keeping in mind the estimated expenses in the specific country.
Disclaimer: People who have already been diagnosed with an illness cannot opt for travel insurance. Also, it is advisable that you do not travel to the country unless there is urgency.